- Visio Pro is a software tool developed by Microsoft that can be used to create professional-looking diagrams.
- Unfortunately, some users are having issues installing this software, and that's what we will be covering in the guide below.
- If installing Visio Pro is no longer an option, then going for an alternative tool such as Adobe Illustrator is your next best thing.
- For more guides like this, check out our PC Software Fix page.
Microsoft Visio Pro is diagram software with which users can set up flowcharts based on real-time data. However, Visio can throw up a few setup error messages when users try to install it.
Visio installation errors often arise due to compatibility issues between Visio and 32 & 64-bit MS Office suite versions.
How can I fix a Visio Pro installation error?
1. Install an Alternative Visio Bit Version
Users must install a Visio 32 or 64-bit version that matches their MS Office version. If users try installing an incompatible version, they’ll see an error message along the lines of:
The installation is for 32-bit Office, but the following 64-bit Office applications are already installed on this computer: Microsoft Office.
Thus, users need to download either a 32 or 64-bit Visio installer that matches their Office version.
To do that, click Other install options before downloading the Visio installer. Then select a Visio version on the Version menu that matches the current Office suite installed. For example, select 64-bit if the current Office suite is the 64-bit version.
Then users can uninstall Office with the Uninstall Microsoft Office utility. Thereafter, users can click Other install options to select an alternative Office version before downloading MS Office’s installer from Office.com.
In simple terms, Microsoft Visio deals with the creation of diagrams, so a vector-based image editor is what you need.
That being the case, there is no better option for you than Adobe Illustrator, an industry-standard in the world of vector-based imagery.
With the help of this tool, you can easily create diagrams, flowcharts, and pretty much any other elements of graphic design. The final results can then be easily exported both for use in other programs, as well as in printing.
The best part is that this program can now be tested for free for a 7-day period, so don’t miss out on this chance!
3. Delete Office 15 Click-to-Run registry keys
- Another Visio setup error message states,
- We can’t install the 64-bit version of Office because we found the following 32-bit programs on your PC: Office 15 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component.
- Users have confirmed they’ve fixed that error by deleting some registry keys, but set up a System Restore point first by entering create a restore point in Windows 10’s search box.
- Then select Create a restore point to open the window shown directly below.
- Press the Create button.
- Enter a title for the restore point, and click the Create button.
- Users can then roll back Windows 10 with that restore point to undo registry changes if required.
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey to launch the Run accessory.
- Enter regedit in the text box, and click the OK button.
- Next, go this registry path: ComputerHKEY_CLASSES_ROOTInstallerProducts.
- Then right-click the registry keys that begin with 00005 and select the Delete option.
- The registry keys should include Office 15 Click-to-Run ProductName DWORDs in them.
- Close the Registry Editor, and they try installing Microsoft Visio again.
4. Uninstall Office Language Package
- A Couldn’t stream Office error message pops up for some users when they try to install Visio.
- To fix that, uninstall Office language packs via Settings by pressing the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Enter ‘add or remove’ in the search box, and click Add or remove programs to open the window shown directly below.
- Select foreign Microsoft Office language packs listed in that window. Don’t uninstall English language packs.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the language pack. A removing Office from your computer uninstall message pops up, but that doesn’t mean it’s uninstalling the suite.
- Thereafter, restart Windows and try installing Visio.
- Then users can also reinstall the language packs they uninstalled with the language accessory pack.
So, that’s how users can fix some Visio install errors in Windows 10. Users can also resolve Visio install issues with the Office Deployment Tool, which enables users to set up custom Office software installations with its Configuration XML file.
FAQ: Learn more about Visio Pro
- What is Visio Pro?
Visio Pro is a design tool developed by Microsoft that can help you create fantastic-looking diagrams.
- Are there any alternatives to Visio Pro?
One great tool that can be used to create diagrams if Visio Pro is unavailable is Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop.
- Is Visio Pro for free?
Unfortunately, no. Visio Pro is pay-to-use. Of course, there are plenty of alternative tools that can create diagrams.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in August 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in April 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.Editor's Note: This article was originally published in August 2019 and was revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.