- If Visio won't install, it's usually due to compatibility errors between Visio and MS Office.
- Using another third-party program that does the same job will definitely fix the issue.
- Installing alternative bit versions will surely fix the Visio not installing problem.
- Use our method to delete some registry keys will also get rid of the Visio installation error.
Microsoft Visio Pro is diagram software with which users can set up flowcharts based on real-time data. However, Visio can throw up a few setup error messages when users try to install it.
Visio installation errors often arise due to compatibility issues between Visio and 32 & 64-bit MS Office suite versions.
How can I fix a Visio Pro installation error?
1. Install an Alternative Visio Bit Version
- Click Other install options before downloading the Visio installer.
- Then select a Visio version on the Version menu that matches the current Office suite installed.
- For example, select 64-bit if the current Office suite is the 64-bit version.
- Alternatively, users could also reinstall a different bit version of MS Office to ensure it matches Visio.
- To completely uninstall Office, click Download on the Uninstall Office page.
- Then users can uninstall Office with the Uninstall Microsoft Office utility.
Users must install a Visio 32 or 64-bit version that matches their MS Office version. If users try installing an incompatible version, they’ll see an error message along the lines of:
The installation is for 32-bit Office, but the following 64-bit Office applications are already installed on this computer: Microsoft Office.
Thus, users need to download either a 32 or 64-bit Visio installer that matches their Office version.
2. Use an alternative third-party tool
In simple terms, Microsoft Visio deals with the creation of diagrams, so a vector-based image editor is what you need.
That being the case, there is no better option for you than Adobe Illustrator, an industry-standard in the world of vector-based imagery.
With the help of this tool, you can easily create diagrams, flowcharts, and pretty much any other elements of graphic design.
The final results can then be easily exported both for use in other programs, as well as in printing. The best part is that this program can now be tested for free for a 7-day period, so don’t miss out on this chance!
Therefore, you will not regret using this alternative for creating incredible graphs or any other visuals you may think of.
3. Delete Office 15 Click-to-Run registry keys
- Type create a restore point in Windows 10’s search box.
- Then select Create a restore point to open the window shown below.
- Press the Create button.
- Enter a title for the restore point, and click the Create button.
- Users can then roll back Windows 10 with that restore point to undo registry changes if required.
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey to launch the Run accessory.
- Enter regedit in the text box, and click the OK button.
- Next, go to this registry path:
Computer HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT InstallerProducts
- Then right-click the registry keys that begin with 00005 and select the Delete option.
- The registry keys should include Office 15 Click-to-Run ProductName DWORDs in them.
- Close the Registry Editor, and they try installing Microsoft Visio again.
Another Visio setup error message states: We can’t install the 64-bit version of Office because we found the following 32-bit programs on your PC: Office 15 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component.
Users have confirmed they’ve fixed that error by deleting some registry keys, by setting up a System Restore point.
4. Uninstall Office Language Package
- Press the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Enter add or remove in the search box, and click Add or remove programs to open the window shown directly below.
- Select foreign Microsoft Office language packs listed in that window. Don’t uninstall English language packs.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the language pack. Removing Office from your computer uninstall message pops up, but that doesn’t mean it’s uninstalling the suite.
- Thereafter, restart Windows and try installing Visio.
- Then users can also reinstall the language packs they uninstalled with the language accessory pack.
A Couldn’t stream Office error message pops up for some users when they try to install Visio. Following the aforementioned steps should fix the problem in no time.
So, that’s how users can easily fix some Visio install errors in Windows 10. Users can also resolve Visio install issues with the Office Deployment Tool.
This enables users to set up custom Office software installations with its Configuration XML file. Make sure to let us know how it all worked out for you in the comment section below.
Frequently Asked Questions
Visio Pro is a design tool developed by Microsoft that can help you create fantastic-looking diagrams. Take a look at our useful list containing all the Microsoft Office programs available.
One great tool that can be used to create diagrams if Visio Pro is unavailable is Adobe Illustrator or Adobe Photoshop. Learn everything about it in this quick article dedicated to Adobe Photoshop.
Unfortunately, no. Visio Pro is pay-to-use. Of course, there are plenty of alternative tools that can create diagrams.