Microsoft Visio Pro is diagram software with which users can set up flowcharts based on real-time data. However, Visio can throw up a few setup error messages when users try to install it. Visio installation errors often arise due to compatibility issues between Visio and 32 & 64-bit MS Office suite versions.
How Can Users Fix Visio Installation Errors?
1. Install an Alternative Visio Bit Version
Users must install a Visio 32 or 64-bit version that matches their MS Office version. If users try installing an incompatible version, they’ll see an error message along the lines of, “The installation is for 32-bit Office, but the following 64-bit Office applications are already installed on this computer: Microsoft Office.” Thus, users need to download either a 32 or 64-bit Visio installer that matches their Office version.
To do that, click Other install options before downloading the Visio installer. Then select a Visio version on the Version menu that matches the current Office suite installed. For example, select 64-bit if the current Office suite is the 64-bit version.
Alternatively, users could also reinstall a different bit version of MS Office to ensure it matches Visio. To completely uninstall Office, click Download on the Uninstall Office page. Then users can uninstall Office with the Uninstall Microsoft Office utility. Thereafter, users can click Other install options to select an alternative Office version before downloading MS Office’s installer from Office.com.
2. Delete Office 15 Click-to-Run Registry Keys
- Another Visio setup error message states, “We can’t install the 64-bit version of Office because we found the following 32-bit programs on your PC: Office 15 Click-to-Run Extensibility Component.” Users have confirmed they’ve fixed that error by deleting some registry keys, but set up a System Restore point first by entering ‘create a restore point’ in Windows 10’s search box.
- Then select Create a restore point to open the window shown directly below.
- Press the Create button.
- Enter a title for the restore point, and click the Create button. Users can then roll back Windows 10 with that restore point to undo registry changes if required.
- Press the Windows key + R hotkey to launch the Run accessory.
- Enter ‘regedit’ in the text box, and click the OK button.
- Next, go this registry path: Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products.
- Then right-click the registry keys that begin with ‘00005’ and select the Delete option. The registry keys should include Office 15 Click-to-Run ProductName DWORDs in them.
- Close the Registry Editor, and they try installing Microsoft Visio again.
3. Uninstall Office Language Package
- A “Couldn’t stream Office” error message pops up for some users when they try to install Visio. To fix that, uninstall Office language packs via Settings by pressing the Windows key + S hotkey.
- Enter ‘add or remove’ in the search box, and click Add or remove programs to open the window shown directly below.
- Select foreign Microsoft Office language packs listed in that window. Don’t uninstall English language packs.
- Click the Uninstall button to remove the language pack. A “removing Office from your computer” uninstall message pops up, but that doesn’t mean it’s uninstalling the suite.
- Thereafter, restart Windows and try installing Visio.
- Then users can also reinstall the language packs they uninstalled with the language accessory pack.
So, that’s how users can fix some Visio install errors in Windows 10. Users can also resolve Visio install issues with the Office Deployment Tool, which enables users to set up custom Office software installations with its Configuration XML file.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- Visio Online Preview lets you access Visio diagrams on browsers
- Microsoft’s Visio Online preview available
- Visio will be available on Android and Windows 10 phones in the near future