- First, Visual Studio 16.6 comes with updates to C++. It can now generate Doxygen and XML comment stubs automatically.
- Another improvement is the new Windows Forms Designer for .NET Core apps, which you can enable under the Preview Features.
- Build 2020 came with lots of news and improvements. Read all about them in our Microsoft Build 2020 section.
- If you're either a developer or just starting, take a look at our Developer Tools Hub for insights.
Microsoft has announced the new version of Visual Studio 2019, version 16.6 for Windows 10.
Moreover, Microsoft released Preview 1 of Visual Studio 2019 16.7 for Windows 10.
What is new in Visual Studio 2019 version 16.6?
First, Visual Studio 16.6 comes with updates to C++. It can now generate Doxygen and XML comment stubs automatically.
Another improvement is the new Windows Forms Designer for .NET Core apps, which you can enable under the Preview Features.
There is always to mention the new IntelliSense code linter with the function to check the code as it’s typed, to highlight errors, and to make mak suggestions in the editor window, just like a dictionary in a word processor.
We show you the list of improvements as laid down by Microsoft in the Blog release notes:
- Version Control with revamped Git tooling that provides great experiences for working with code on remote Git hosting services.
- Improved snapshot debugging experiences that removes the friction in using the snapshot debugger for the first time.
- .NET Async tool for profiling .NET apps.
- .NET Productivity Quick Actions and Refactorings
- Terminal with the ability to open multiple instances, customize font face and sizes, and automatically generate profiles for CMD, PowerShell, and WSL distributions.
- Web Tools new experience for configuring Azure services and emulators
- A variety of new C++20 Standard Library features including initial implementation of <span>. The STL Changelog on GitHub includes a detailed list.
Download and install the latest version of Visual Studio 2019.
Download Preview 1 of Visual Studio 2019 16.7 for Windows 10
Alongside the new update for the Visual Studio 2019, Microsoft added the first preview for the next version: 16.7.
The Preview 1 comes with lots of new improvements like Git Productivity, C++ Address Sanitizer, .NET Productivity features, IntelliCode, XAML Tooling Improvements WPF, UWP, & Xamarin.Forms, Define Playlists Dynamically in Test Explorer, and more.
You can download the Preview 1 of Visual Studio 2019 16.7 and test them for yourself.