Are you unable to access Windows Store over a VPN connection? The issue of VPN blocking Windows Store is quite common on modern Windows PCs, notably on Windows 10/8.1.
To resolve this issue, go to the next section.
Has anyone found a solution to the problem with Windows Store not working while running on a vpn? For some reason having a vpn running confuses Windows and it doesn’t recognize that there is a connection to the internet. Everything else I have installed on my PC works just fine while a Windows app on a Windows PC gets confused by Windows.
What to do if Windows 10 apps aren’t working over VPN?
1. Reconfigure VPN settings in Control Panel
- Open Control Panel.
- When Control Panel opens, navigate to Network and Internet.
- Select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Navigate to the left-hand section, locate and click on Change Adapter Settings. This will open the network connections window.
- Locate your VPN connection, right-click on it and select Properties.
- On the VPN properties window, locate the Client for Microsoft Networks option and check the box beside it.
- Click OK to apply changes.
- Exit program.
2. Change Network Settings in Group Policy Editor
To do this, follow the guidelines below:
- Open Run dialog box: click Win Key + R.
- In the box, type in gpedit.msc and click OK to open Group Policy Editor.
- In the gpedit’s window, double-click on Computer Configuration.
- Select Administrator Templates > Network > Network Isolation.
- Enable the following policies: Subnet Definitions are authoritative and Private Network ranges for apps.
- Input your internal IP-subnet range: 10.0.0.0/8.
- Save changes and close program.
- Restart PC.
There you go, these are two simple methods that you can try if your VPN blocks Windows Store apps on your PC. If our solutions didn’t work for you, try disabling your VPN temporarily or consider switching to a different VPN client.
- Cisco VPN Client won’t install on Windows 10 [GUARANTEED FIX]
- Can’t use VPN because L2TP is blocked? Fix it now
- VPN is blocked at school, hotel, college or university: How to unblock it