Cisco AnyConnect is VPN software that incorporates advanced protection for blocking malware at endpoints. However, some users have said that they can’t install or launch Cisco AnyConnect. When they try to install or launch AnyConnect, an error message pops up that states, VPN client agent was unable to create the interprocess communication depot. Users have fixed that error message with the resolutions below.
How can Users fix the VPN Client Agent Error?
1. Turn Off Internet Connection Sharing
- Turning internet connection sharing off is one of the most widely confirmed fixes for the VPN client agent error. To do so, press the Windows key + R keyboard shortcut, which opens the Run accessory.
- Input ‘control.exe /name Microsoft.NetworkAndSharingCenter’ in the Open box.
- Click the OK button to open the Network and Sharing Center Control Panel applet.
- Click Change adapter settings on the left of the Control Panel applet.
- Right-click the network connection with a shared status to select Properties.
- Then select the Sharing tab shown in the snapshot directly below.
- Uncheck the Allow other users to connect through this computer’s internet connection option.
- Click the OK button.
- Repeat the above steps for all network connections with connection sharing enabled.
- Restart Windows after turning connection sharing off.
2. Disable the ICS Service
- Alternatively, try turning the ICS service off. Open the Run accessory in Windows.
- Enter ‘services.msc’ in the Open box, and select the OK option.
- Right-click the Internet Connection Sharing service listed in the Services window and select Stop.
- Double-click Internet Connection Sharing to open its properties window.
- Click the Startup type drop-down menu to select the Disabled option.
- Remember to press the Apply button.
- Then click OK to exit the window.
- Thereafter, restart Windows after turning the ICS service off.
Those are two confirmed resolutions that have fixed the VPN client agent error for Cisco AnyConnect users. With the error fixed, users can then install or launch Cisco AnyConnect.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT:
- FIX: VPN failed to Load Preferences on Cisco AnyConnect
- FIX: Failed to initialize connection subsystem in Cisco AnyConnect error in Windows
- Cisco VPN Client won’t install on Windows 10 [GUARANTEED FIX]