- The Opera web browser has an integrated VPN service that you can use for free to hide your IP address, encrypt your Internet traffic, and access restricted content.
- Find out how to use Opera VPN. Discover a better VPN for your web browser if you want to amp up your online security and privacy, as well as to watch unlimited streaming in Opera.
- Join our Opera section to master this web browser.
- Visit our VPN Troubleshooting Hub for more guides.
VPN Summer sale (83% off!)
Last chance to catch this awesome VPN deal: 1.99$ per month for the Surfshark VPN (available only this week). Surfshark VPN comes with the following features:
Opera is one of the most popular web browsers, thanks to its user-friendly interface, excellent performance results, and tons of unique customization features.
How do I use Opera VPN?
- Download Opera.
- Install Opera on your PC.
- Launch Opera and go to Settings.
- Search for VPN.
- Activate the Enable VPN option.
- Click VPN next to the address bar.
- Click the slider to turn it on.
- Open the menu below Virtual location.
- Select the preferred region.
OperaUse the Opera VPN to secure your browsing sessions and unblock streaming services like Netflix.
Unfortunately, Opera VPN is prone to issues. You can try to resolve them using various possible solutions, or you can replace it with a better VPN for the Opera web browser.
Using a trustworthy VPN strengthens your online security and preserves your anonymity across the internet. You can also use a premium VPN to find cheaper flights and defeat government censorship.
Or you can avoid geo-restrictions, access any blocked site, and watch unlimited streaming on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Prime Video, and other similar services using a personal VPN.
Use the best VPN for Opera
Private Internet Access (PIA) is the top VPN for the Opera web browser, thanks to its huge network of servers and various security features. It’s owned by Kape Technologies.
The PIA extension for Opera comes with a lot of benefits. As far as privacy and security are concerned, it can auto-switch to HTTPS websites, disable WebRTC leaks and tracking services, as well as block camera and location access.
PIA has an integrated ad and malware blocker called PIA MACE, designed to protect you from phishing and other dangers when using Opera to navigate the web. You can also use it to unblock Netflix US and Hulu.
What else you should know about PIA:
- +3,300 VPN servers (48 countries)
- No logs or leaks
- 24/7 live chat support
- 30-day money-back guarantee (no free trial)
Private Internet AccessUse PIA to increase the privacy and security of Opera while browsing the web.
How do I use PIA VPN for Opera?
- Sign up for a PIA subscription plan.
- Download PIA for Opera.
- Disable Opera VPN if it was activated.
- Click the Opera extensions button and select PIA.
- Log in with your PIA credentials.
- Select a VPN server and connect.
Without a doubt, Opera is the best browser with a built-in VPN. However, if you want to amp up your online privacy and security, we suggest using Private Internet Access with Opera since it’s superior in every way.
FAQ: Learn more about VPN for Opera
- How do I turn on VPN on Opera?
You can activate it from the browser’s settings. If you can’t find Opera’s VPN, try our solutions.
- How do I change my VPN location in Opera?
Click VPN next to Opera‘s address bar. Open the menu below Virtual locations and set a new VPN location.
- Does Opera VPN hide IP address?
Yes, Opera VPN hides your IP address, spoofs your geo-location, and uses 256-bit AES encryption to protect your data traffic.