- The perfect VPN for Opera should maintain your anonymity online and keep you safe from dangerous sites.
- If you want unlimited streaming on Netflix or access to blocked websites, we have great solutions.
- You don't have to spend a fortune to get an Opera VPN for Windows 10. Check out our free tool.
- See how you can disable WebRTC leaks and benefit from various features in our guide below.
Opera is one of the most popular web browsers, thanks to its user-friendly interface, excellent performance results, and tons of unique customization features.
The Opera web browser has a free VPN that can be used to hide your IP address, encrypt your data traffic, and access blocked websites. You can even watch Netflix with Opera VPN.
- Private Internet Access - Access content across the globe at the highest speed rate.
- NordVPN - Secure multiple devices and enjoy stable connections anywhere.
- SurfShark - Price convenient VPN service with all-rounded security features.
- CyberGhost - Connect to thousands of servers for persistent seamless browsing.
- ExpressVPN - Browse the web from multiple devices with increased security protocols.
How do I use Opera VPN?
1. Enable VPN on Opera
- Download Opera.
- Install Opera on your PC.
- Launch Opera and go to Settings.
- Search for VPN.
- Activate the Enable VPN option.
- Click VPN next to the address bar.
- Click the slider to turn it on.
- Open the menu below Virtual location.
- Select the preferred region.
Unfortunately, Opera VPN for Windows is prone to issues. You can try to resolve them using various possible solutions, or you can replace it with a better VPN for the Opera web browser.
Using a trustworthy VPN strengthens your online security and preserves your anonymity across the internet. You can also use a premium VPN to find cheaper flights and defeat government censorship.
Another interesting perk is that there is also an Opera VPN for Chrome, that you can download as an extension.
Or you can avoid geo-restrictions, access any blocked site, and watch unlimited streaming on Netflix, BBC iPlayer, Prime Video, and other similar services using a personal VPN.
Use the Opera VPN to secure your browsing sessions and unblock streaming services like Netflix.
2. Use Private Internet Access (PIA)
Private Internet Access (PIA) is the top VPN for the Opera web browser, thanks to its huge network of servers and various security features. It’s owned by Kape Technologies.
The PIA extension for Opera comes with a lot of benefits. As far as privacy and security are concerned, it can auto-switch to HTTPS websites, disable WebRTC leaks and tracking services.
PIA has an integrated ad and malware blocker called PIA MACE, designed to protect you from phishing and other dangers when using Opera to navigate the web. You can also use it to unblock Netflix US and Hulu.
A great characteristic is that Private Internet Access (PIA) supports over 3,300 VPN servers (48 countries). It also doesn’t allow logs or leaks and offers 24/7 live chat support.
3. How do I use PIA VPN for Opera?
- Sign up for a PIA subscription plan.
- Download PIA for Opera.
- Disable Opera VPN if it was activated.
- Click the Opera extensions button and select PIA.
- Log in with your PIA credentials.
- Select a VPN server and connect.
Without a doubt, Opera is the best browser with a built-in VPN. However, if you want to amp up your online privacy and security, we suggest using Private Internet Access with Opera as a great VPN for PC.
Your connection is not secure - websites you visit can find out your details:
- Your IP Address:
Companies can sell this information, alongside your location and internet provider name, and profit from it by serving targeted ads or monitoring your data usage.
We recommend Private Internet Access, a VPN with a no-log policy, open source code, ad blocking and much more; now 79% off.
Frequently Asked Questions
The first step is to activate the VPN from the browser’s settings. Find out more about this in our easy guide on how to use a VPN on Opera.
Opera is one browser with an excellent integrated VPN. See other alternatives in this article on the best browsers with built-in VPN.
Yes, Opera VPN hides your IP address and more. Find out more in this excellent article on how to change IP with VPN.