- With a plethora of customization and settings for an enhanced gaming experience, Opera GX is for avid gamers.
- However, some gamers prefer to go Incognito (even while using a VPN) to not just hide their IP address, but also to avoid getting tracked.
- So, if it's your first time with the Opera GX, you may wonder how to go Incognito with or without a VPN, and we have the answer.
If you love using the Opera GX web browser for gaming but are not sure how to go Incognito on Opera GX, then this guide is for you.
The Incognito mode allows you to browse privately and securely, ensuring your browsing activities are not tracked or recorded.
While a VPN helps you to conceal your IP address, it does not guarantee complete anonymity. Hence, many users prefer to go Incognito even with a VPN.
But, if you are confused between Opera GX and Opera and wondering which is the best, you can refer to this guide by our experts here.
So, how to use Incognito on Opera GX with & without a VPN? Or does, it even have a VPN?
Is Opera GX private browsing safe?
When talking about online security, Opera GX proves to be a very safe browser. However, it can be prone to online privacy violations at times.
But, the Chromium-based browser offers a range of security-focused features making it a highly secure platform.
For example, with Opera GX you can get a built-in VPN and ad-blocker, notifications for a secure connection, Google safe browsing, and best of all, the private browsing mode.
So, even if you have the built-in VPN enabled, it may not completely protect your data being tracked and that’s when the Incognito mode comes to your rescue.
Opera GX makes sure that none of your browsing sessions are tracked and automatically deletes any cache files as soon as you close the private mode.
It handles private browsing more than you can imagine, thanks to feature-rich settings.
How do you open an Incognito tab on GX?
Once you know how to open an Incognito window in Opera GX, you can follow the below steps to open a new Incognito tab:
- Launch Opera GX Incognito mode and click on the red O icon on the upper left.
- Select the New tab option from the menu.
- This will open a new tab on GX on the right.
- Or, you can simply click on the + symbol next to the current tab to open a new tab.
Alternatively, you can use the Ctrl + T shortcut key combination to open a new tab in Opera GX.
But if you are wondering how to go Incognito in Opera GX, the below section explains how to browse in the private mode with or without a VPN.
How do I use private mode in Opera GX?
1. Go Incognito through the Opera menu
- Open Opera GX and click on the O symbol in red on the top left.
- Select the New private window option from the menu.
- This will open a new window in the private mode.
You can open the private window in Opera GX whether the built-in VPN is enabled or not.
2. Go Incognito on Opera GX using the shortcut
- Launch GX and press the Ctrl + Shift + N keys together.
- This will open the Incognito window.
- In the Incognito window, you can enable the VPN for added privacy.
Or, you can browse in the private mode even without the VPN enabled.
Does Opera GX have VPN?
Yes, just like the Opera browser, even its GX version comes with the built-in VPN feature for private browsing that blocks all cookies and trackers.
However, same as Opera, it’s not enabled automatically, and hence, you would need to connect it manually.
But what’s interesting is, that the VPN button shows up automatically on the address bar in the Opera GX private mode (unlike its normal mode) and so, you can connect it directly.
How do I enable VPN on Opera GX?
You can follow the below instructions to enable the integrated VPN on Opera GX:
- Launch Opera GX and click on the three parallel lines (Easy setup) on the top right.
- Scroll down in the menu and under the Privacy & Security section, go to VPN.
- Click on Enable in Settings next to it.
- In the settings window, click on I understand in the pop up.
- Next to Enable VPN, move the toggle switch to the right to turn it on.
- Alternatively, you can click on the VPN button on the address bar and turn it on to connect the VPN.
Opera GX is undoubtedly among the best gaming browsers out there, and its privacy mode doubles the fun as you stay anonymous.
So, even while playing games online, if you don’t want to be tracked, you can go Incognito in GX and even enable the VPN for added security.
But, if you are having issues with the VPN on your Opera browser, you can refer to our detailed post for more information.
For any other queries on the Opera GX browser, do not hesitate to drop a message in the comments box below.