We Happy Few Game Preview available on the Xbox Store
We Happy Few is taking another step towards its official release date on July 26. And while the game can now be seen on the Xbox Store, no pre-download option is available.
As we already reported, the We Happy Few Game Preview will have an initial price tag of $29.99. You should purchase it only if you are really interested in the game and are comfortable with the current unfinished state.
Compulsion Games, the game’s developer, has been very generous in details and offered a fabulous description of the game:
Set in a retrofuturistic 1960s, you will find a city ravaged by war and rebuilt by delusionally happy people. Everything appears to be happy in Wellington Wells, including the roads, the people, and its omnipresent television personality, Uncle Jack! However, it’s a beautiful world on the brink of collapse. […]
If you act out of turn, or you’re not on Joy (the local happy pills), the locals will become suspicious and will rapidly turn your frown upside down! Forcefully. You will need to practice conformity, stealth and combat if you want to survive long enough to escape.
The characters themselves are not your typical video game heroes. They are extremely flawed and haunted by the collective trauma.
We Happy Few’s characters […] are flawed and not particularly heroic, warped by the trauma their world has been through. Each character has their own storyline that reacts to the events of the world around them, and their place within it.
Other game features include:
- A procedurally generated world, meaning that everyone’s experience will be unique.
- Three modes: sandbox, story and Wellie mode.
- You’ll have to collect recipes, scavenge items and craft dozens of weapons, tools and devices, fight with your bare hands or the crazy weapons you create.
- Watch out for traps, or learn how to use them to your advantage.
This game is definitely not for the faint-hearted!
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Post-apocalyptic survival game Sheltered comes to Windows PC next week
- The Long Dark is a survival game that pushes you beyond your limits
- ARK: Survival Evolved update welcomes the Titanosaur, the biggest dinosaur in gaming
We all know about the current US crackdown on Huawei products. Many big names are now abandoning collaborations with Chinese companies. Microsoft is not behind […]
Microsoft recently rolled out the Windows 10 May 2019 Update to the general public. Speaking of new OS versions, the tech giant is planning to […]