Windows 10 Anniversary Update is Microsoft’s most secure OS
Every creator likes to praise its creation, and Microsoft isn’t an exception. In its latest blog post, the company talked about the changes introduced in Windows 10 Anniversary Update, claiming that its is the most secure version of Windows ever, especially since it’s able to fight ransomware.
Recently, Eugene Kapsersky complained that Microsoft is sabotaging third-party antivirus software by forcing users to only accept Windows Defender. In reality, the situation isn’t that bad because this application really protects PCs using real-time protection to scan everything users download or run on their computers. And thanks to cloud-based protection and faster updates, devices are more protected than ever.
Microsoft published a white paper titled “Ransomware Protection in Windows 10 Anniversary Update” in which it states that computers running this new version of Windows are 58% less likely to be hit with ransomware. Rob Lefferts, director of program management, Windows Enterprise and Security, explained how Microsoft is fighting against ransomware:
- Six of the top 10 ransomware threats use browser, or browser-plugin-related exploits, so we made it harder for malware authors to exploit Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge.
- We increased detection and blocking capability in our email services, increasing the number of ransomware-related attachments being blocked.
- We added new technology to Windows Defender to reduce detection time to seconds, increasing our ability to respond before the infection can occur.
- We released Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection which can be combined with Office 365 Advanced Threat Protection to make it easier for companies to investigate and respond to ransomware attacks.
- Combined with other significant security advances, such as Credential Guard, Windows Hello and others, we’ve made Windows 10 Anniversary Update the most secure Windows ever.
Lefferts added that Microsoft Edge is now updated and now, the browser runs Flash Player in an isolated container so if there are any threats, they are kept there. Also, Microsoft is offering better protection for email, preventing hackers from getting their hands on important data.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- Most Windows 10 Anniversary Update issues still present, two months after release
- Notepad gets DPI improvements in the Windows 10 Anniversary Update
- Fix: Windows 10 Anniversary Update destroys boot loader in dual-boot config
Many users reported the Content file locked Steam error while trying to update certain games. This error simply means that Steam can’t write the files […]
The error message 0xC0000188 is a Windows-specific error, which is commonly encountered on modern Windows versions, notably Windows 7, Windows 8/8.1 and Windows 10. It […]