Windows 10 Build 10558: Here are the New Features, Improvements and Fixes
Although Microsoft didn’t announce any new builds for Windows 10 Insider Program, the latest build, which goes by the number of 10558, recently leaked online. Unlike previous builds which came after the release of RTM version, this build offers a lot of new features and improvements.
Build 10558 is the build which brings the most new features since the release of full version of Windows 10 on July 29th. It includes an early version of Skype Messaging and Video apps, some new icons, UI improvements, some new Microsoft Edge features, various system improvements, etc.
We have to warn you that this build is internal build only for members of Microsoft’s developing team, but it somehow leaked online. This means that build 10558 isn’t supported by Microsoft, and we don’t recommend you to install it, if you find it somewhere on the internet.
So, you should wait for the official release, but until it arrives through Windows Update, we’re going to show you all new features and improvements that this build brings, so you know what to expect.
Windows 10 Leaked Build 10558 Features and Improvements
Here are all new features and improvements brought by the leaked Windows 10 Build 10558:
- More improvements of the context menus – Microsoft’s developing team is focusing a lot on context menus through last few builds, as every new build brings some context menu changes, and this build isn’t different. This time, Microsoft added new icons in the Start Menu context menu for “Unpin from Start” options, as well as “Resize (Small, Medium, Wide, Large)” option. Along with the Start Menu, the new build also brings some Desktop context menu changes.
- Change the save location of apps and other media – Microsoft decided to exclude the ability to change default download location of apps from Windows 10 to a different drive or SD card, back in July, so we had to show you an alternative way to do that. Luckily, Microsoft decided to bring back this feature, which is most likely to come along with the Threshold 2 update later this year. This option isn’t such a big improvement, but it can be very useful, especially for tablet and hybrid users.
- New Icons – Microsoft is experimenting with icons ever since the earliest Technical Preview builds, and it’s not done yet. Build 10558 brings new Registry Editor icons, as well as some new icons related to hardware.
- Find my device feature – This is another useful feature which will help you to locate your Windows 10 device, if you lost it. Unfortunately, it’s not ready yet, as it automatically turns off, when you try to turn it on. This means Find my device feature is still in development, and more stable version will probably appear in some future builds.
- Windows Spotlight for Enterprise users – From this build on, Windows 10 Enterprise users will also be able to use Windows 10 Spotlight feature.
- Microsoft Edge – The new tab preview feature has been added, as you can now view what’s going on on tabs, without switching to them. You can also enable or disable Favorites bar from Settings now, and changing the default search engine is also slightly different.
- Messaging, Video and Phone apps – And finally, the earliest version of highly anticipated Skype Messaging app made its way to Windows 10. The app looks really simple in design, so you’ll probably find it easy to use it. It’s quite buggy for now, but that’s not a big surprise, because it’s the earliest version of the app, and a lot of developing still needs to be done, and some features need to be added. Along with the addition of messaging app, new Video and Phone apps are also present, all powered by Skype.
The current Windows 10 build is still causing plenty of problems for those who’ve downloaded it, so we can hope that a future build will fix these annoying problems.
The Windows Backup Server execution failed (0x80080005) error is one that can pop up for some users attempting to back up data or set up […]
FIFA 19 is a football simulation video game developed and published by Electronic Arts. Millions of gamers play this game on a daily basis, making […]
Windows Media Player allows you to burn the media files to your CD. However, at times the player may display Cannot download media information for […]