The first Windows 10 Creators Update build 14959 available now
The first Windows 10 Creators Update build is finally available for Fast Ring Insiders. Windows 10 build 14959 is available for both Windows PC and Mobile and allows Insiders to test out some of the interesting features Microsoft introduced at the recent Windows 10 Event.
For the time being, the only major Windows 10 Creators Update feature available in build 14959 is Paint 3D Preview. Microsoft showed off a plethora of new 3D features at the Windows 10 event, and more of them will start rolling out in builds in the coming weeks.
With Paint 3D in Windows 10, you can create, view and share images in a whole new dimension. The tool also allows you to modify somebody else’s creations or turn 2D images into 3D images. Paint 3D is simple, intuitive and fun.
Windows 10 build 14959 also introduces two more new features:
- Microsoft published Windows 10 Mobile 14959 using its new update publishing system called Unified Update Platform (UUP). Thanks to this new UUP system, the download size of this build has been significantly reduced. Also, the UUP reduces the update data sent to client devices as the Windows Update service will evaluate which updates are needed by a given device.
- Insiders can now control the Display Scaling of their Virtual Machines (PC): Build 14959 brings a new Zoom option in the View menu, where users can override the default scaling and set it to 100, 125, 150 or 200. Microsoft also fixed an issue where certain VMs wouldn’t display the remote desktop connection bar after entering full-screen mode.
Windows 10 build 14959 PC fixes and improvements:
- We fixed an issue for Insiders resulting in the automatic brightness setting unexpectedly being turned off after upgrading. In doing so, we’ve re-enabled automatic brightness adjust for users that have never changed their auto-brightness setting. […] If you would like to enable or disable automatic brightness adjustment, please go to Settings > System > Display, where you can adjust your preferences.
- We fixed an issue Insiders on domain connected PCs may have experienced where login might fail when the computer was disconnected from its domain network.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain apps, such as Outlook Mail and Calendar, failing to update for some Insiders with the error code 0x800700B7.
- We fixed an issue for Insiders with certain device models where ejecting an SD card might result in a system crash.
- We fixed an issue where disliking one of the Spotlight lock screen images would show the new image immediately, followed by a transition animation from the previous image to the new image.
- We fixed an issue where launching an app from another app while in Tablet mode no longer launched it side by side, and instead launched it fullscreen (for example, when launching a web link from the MSN News app).
Windows 10 build 14959 Mobile fixes and improvements:
- The data usage page in Settings via Settings > Network & wireless > Data usage has been updated with performance and UI improvements.
- We fixed issues preventing Insiders from adding cards to Wallet and paying using tap to pay.
- We fixed an issue resulting in being unexpectedly able to close Start in the task switcher.
- We fixed an issue resulting in certain options for default calling app via Settings > System > Phone > Default apps from being unexpectedly missing.
- We fixed an issue causing apps that play media in the background, such as Groove Music, to stop when Battery Saver turns on.
- We fixed an issue Insiders may have experienced where the phone would get into a state where copy/paste wouldn’t work until the device had been restarted.
- We fixed an issue where Settings might hang after unchecking “Let apps automatically use this VPN connection” in VPN Settings.
The list of known issues is very short indeed and includes only two issues for PC and two for Mobile.
Have you already downloaded build 14959? Tell us more about your experience in the comment section below.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Xbox Preview build features log in fixes
- Users report 2 GB of memory missing in recent Windows 10 builds
- Microsoft adds a People Bar with the Windows 10 Creators Update
8 quick solutions to fix Outlook connection issues when VPN is active Restart MS Outlook Restart your internet connection Allow VPN in Windows Firewall Disable […]
Cortana may not be enjoying the same sort of success as Google Assistant and Amazon’s Alexa. As such, Microsoft has no plans to compete with Google […]
If you use a USB stick in public places or on shared workstations, it is a good idea to protect your privacy. For this purpose, […]