Windows 10 Dropbox app now allows for video casting
The newest update for Dropbox for Windows 10 officially makes the app one of the best cloud storage service available on the platform. With its latest update, it is now possible for users to cast their videos to supported devices.
This is easily done by using the Connect feature on Windows 10, meaning that if you have a video in Dropbox, the feature would allow you to stream the content to another screen.
The new update also adds he ability to leave a quick reply support comment notification, a move we view as very handy. A lot more was added as well, and the following should give folks a low-down on what to expect:
- Cast your videos to another screen – Stream easily your videos stored in your Dropbox using your laptop, tablet or phone to another screen with just one button. The app supports DLNA, Miracast, Xbox, etc…
- Advanced comments notifications – In order to improve your productivity, you can now directly answer to comments from the Action Center or toast without launching the application
- Save/Export multiple files at the same time – Save your time and export/save many files at the same time. The download is now asynchronous, no more “downloading” screen, you can continue to use your Dropbox even during a download.
- New UX for file actions – Right-click on a file/folder will now display a flyout menu instead of multi-selection, you will be able to quickly share/manage your files.
- Better full-screen mode – No more system tray on windows 10 mobile, your videos/pictures will use 100% of your screen.
The developers made several changes to Dropbox recently, with the most profound being ending support for Windows XP. The company also came up with a feature called Project Infinite to help customers access their data much faster.
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]