- PC transfer software always comes in handy when you need to move data from one PC to another.
- Easy Transfer used to be a Windows tool for copying full or partial system images between PCs.
- If you can't use Easy Transfer, you always have the Laplink PCmover as an alternative.
- Acronis or Paragon are on our list of the best PC transfer software.
Windows Easy Transfer was an inbuilt tool in Windows for migrating settings, files, options and more from one PC to another. With the launch of Windows 10, this tool is no longer available to migrate data to a new PC.
Windows Easy Transfer was first introduced in Windows Vista with the purpose of easily migrating data, settings and more from one PC to another.
When upgrading to Windows 10 from older OSs, these settings, apps, options, and everything will be made available after the upgrade automatically.
But with a new PC that runs Windows 10, users usually want to migrate these things from the older PC. In that case, some third-party software is necessary now.
Which is the best tool to transfer data between PCs?
PCmover Express is a premium software used for migrating all the old PC files to your new Windows 10 PC. This is a software developed by Laplink but Microsoft has partnered with them so rest assured that the tool is one of the best in its category.
PC Mover Express will basically allow you to transfer folders, files, user profiles & settings. You can even use it to migrate applications from an older PC to a new PC running Windows 10.
And this is how to use the program:
- Download and install PCmover on your old computer.
- Run PCMover; you will see an option for PC to PC transfer.
- Select PC to PC Transfer, click Next and go through all the details about the transfer.
- Select the Old computer option and click Next.
- For the transfer medium, select a network connection (wired or WiFi).
- Click Next and wait for the process to finish.
- Then, move to the new computer and install PCMover there as well.
- Select the same options as earlier, except this time we pick the New computer and select the same transfer method as earlier.
- The process should automatically detect your old PC’s existence.
- Once you hit Next with your old PC selected, PCMover will start scanning your new PC to find any compatibility issues.
- Choose if you want to do an advanced or a standard transfer, then click Next.
Laplink PCmover Express
Selectively transfer files from one device to the other in only a few steps with this straightforward tool.
Acronis Cyber Protection Home is more than a disk mirroring tool. Indeed, its main role is to create true copies of an existing system so that you can replicate it on the same hardware or a new one.
In fact, Acronis allows for flexible backups, meaning that you can keep an entire system, or only certain programs and apps, or files.
The disk cloning system is very efficient since you don’t have to reboot or stop whatever you’re doing to let the tool work. Besides, you also benefit from cloud space where you can automatically store system backups.
Acronis Cyber Protection Home conveniently incorporates an antivirus function that you can use or pause depending on your needs. When in use, it works as a real-time antimalware tool with the same results as fully-featured antivirus software.
Not to mention that one subscription covers your family’s mobile devices as well, and you can remotely manage them from the same dashboard.
Acronis Cyber Protection Home
A powerful tool with transfer capabilities to move your full Windows 10 system or only part of it on a new device.
EaseUS Todo PCTrans is created by the folks at EaseUS who make incredible tools that let you manage your backups and recover your dead hard disks. While it is not an official tool, EaseUS has a reputation for being very good with its software and code.
Similar to PCMover Express, it is also able to transfer over all of your data and apps to a new PC running Windows 10.
It offers a free version with extremely limited features. So you will most probably have to go for the paid version, which comes ready for 2 PCs, plus free tech support.
And here’s how to use it:
- Download and install the software on both of your computers.
- For transferring options, choose a network connection.
- On the old computer, a list will be populated with only one item – on your new computer, simply select that one and click Connect.
- Select the transfer direction – from your old computer to the new one. Then click Next.
- You’ll get various options for picking and choosing what files and applications you want to transfer. Once ready, click Transfer.
- Wait for the process to finish.
EaseUS Todo PCMover
A quick and intuitive choice to move programs from your old computer to a new one while keeping your data safe.
Another powerful name in the industry when it comes to system backup and disk management tools is Paragon software.
Using a simple step-by-step wizard process, Paragon’s Hard Disk Manager walks you through tasks such as creating backups of the system partition or of the entire OS, selecting disks or partitions, file types, or files and folders.
Store all these files or system images on external devices, local volumes, network shares, or burn them to optical media.
Of course, it’s necessary that on your second device to have access to all these media or sources so that you can copy whatever you need.
As you can see, the PC to PC transfer is pretty easy. But with Paragon Hard Disk Manager you can also partition your hard disk, wipe-clean the hard disk, or copy certain drives for safe-keeping.
These third-party tools are good enough if not better than the official Microsoft tool that is now deprecated. If you’ve used another similar software with the same purpose, tell us about it in the comments.