Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Microsoft released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17692 (RS5) to Windows Insiders in the Skip Ahead ring and the Fast ring. The build brings lots of new features such as SwiftKey intelligence, WebDriver improvements, ease of access improvements, narrator improvements, game bar and game mode improvements, search improvements and more. Here are the known issues and bug fixes that are included in the build as well.
General changes, improvements, and fixes for PC
- The issue that resulted in audio glitches on the system was fixed.
- The issue involving the Eye Control’s fail was fixed.
- The issue that made some games such as Counter Strike: Global Offensive to crash on launch was fixed.
- The issue that triggered Settings’ crash when trying to open Data Usage Settings was fixed.
- Delivery Optimization Settings is now directly listed as a category under Settings > Update & Security.
- The issue that resulted in Windows Security app crashing when adding a process to the exclusion list got fixed as well.
Windows 10 build 17692 known issues
- The login screen crashes in a loop when the active sign-in method is set to Picture Password, and you should remove Picture Password before you upgrade to this build.
- DRM video playback in Microsoft Edge is broken, but you can use Netflix to play videos.
- There are a few issues with the Narrator.
- The build comes with known issues for developers as well, and you can read about them in Microsoft’s official notes.
Known issues for Game Bar
- The Game Bar is likely to crash on x86 systems.
- The framerate counter chart doesn’t show up correctly.
- The CPU chart shows incorrect percentage.
- Charts in the performance panel don’t update immediately.
- The gamerpic does not display correctly even after you sign in.
How has your Windows 10 build 17692 experience been so far? Let us know in the comments below.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT: