Latest Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.218 now available
Microsoft just started to roll out the latest build 10586.218 for Windows 10 Mobile. The build is available for all Insiders on the Release Preview ring, phones officially updated to Windows 10 Mobile, as well as all devices that originally came with Windows 10 Mobile.
After Microsoft finished internal tests, this build was originally available only to Insiders on the Release Preview Ring. However, a couple of hours later retail Windows 10 Mobile devices received it, as well. The same build was also released to PC, in form of a cumulative update, so two versions of the operating system have the same build number again, with .218.
[irp posts=”29810″ name=”Microsoft attempting to lure businesses to upgrade to Windows 10″]
This is just a minor update, so you shouldn’t expect any notable and visible changes. As usual, the new build fixes a few bugs and brings some reliability and performance improvements.
Windows 10 Mobile build 10586.218 features
Microsoft released the full changelog of build 10586.218 on its forum, so you can check it out below:
- “Reliability, performance and stability improvements.
- Support for Visual Voicemail on Dual SIM phones.
- Improvements for Bluetooth connectivity, including the reliability of connecting to and staying connected with Bluetooth devices.
- Fix for a problem that caused audio playback to get occasionally interrupted in Groove Music and other music apps when phone display was turned off.
- Improvements for Microsoft Edge browser, including support for configuring a prompt before a file download occurs, support for background downloads, and a fix for a problem where opening a link from an another app wouldn’t load the web page.
- Reliability improvements for Cortana reading text messages aloud and usability improvements for Quiet Hours feature.
- Improvements for Store reliability, including a fix for a problem that prevented some apps from being updated and installed.
- Fix for a problem that occasionally caused some apps to show blank tiles after upgrading from Windows Phone 8.1.
- Improvements for PC connectivity via USB on some phones that were upgraded from Windows Phone 8.1.”
If you didn’t receive this build automatically yet, you can install it by going to Settings > Update & security > Phone update > Check for updates. If you encountered any problems upon installing this build, please let us know in the comments, so we can write a report about it.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Anniversary Edition could land in July
- Microsoft working on a new design for the Windows Store
- Windows 10 Anniversary Update to get better looking emojis
- Microsoft releases Desktop App Converter, aka Project Centennial, for download
In the world of smartphones and busy people, a large chunk of the population relies heavily on sending SMS. Whether it’s a personal message or a […]
Error 0xca00a000 is a Windows Update error that arises for some users. The full error message states: 2018-07 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for […]