The Redmond giant recently rolled out a new cumulative update for Windows 10 Mobile Fast Ring Insiders. This release takes the build number to version 10.0.15063.138.
Windows 10 Mobile build 15063.138 is listed on Windows Update as “April 2017 update for Windows 10 version 10.0.10563.138 for arm-based phone devices“. While this update doesn’t bring any new features, it does include one bug fix and a few security improvements that will enhance the Creators Update experience on Windows 10 phones.
Windows 10 Mobile 15063.138 changelog
- Addressed issues with updated time zone information.
- Security updates to Scripting Engine, libjpeg image-processing library, Hyper-V, Windows kernel-mode drivers, Adobe Type Manager Font Driver, Internet Explorer, Graphics Component, Active Directory Federation Services, .NET Framework, Lightweight Directory Access Protocol, Microsoft Edge and Windows OLE.
However, this new update also brings a few issues of its own, as users report.
Windows 10 Mobile 15063.138 issues
- Install stuck
This is a rather rare issue, but the install process may appear to be stuck at a certain percentage. Patience is the key — the install process is still running in the background and the update will eventually install.
- Call, text, and email history is gone
This issue was previously announced and fixed. However, it appears that it has reared its ugly head again in a milder way. The good news is that when someone replies to an individual or group text thread, most of the history seems to fill back in.
Email accounts gone after update to 10.0.15063.138
I did add them back but still have several unlinked contacts in people app, messaging history gone, call history gone, VVM no longer set up. That’s all I’ve found to this point.
Have you downloaded cumulative update 15063.138 on your Windows 10 phone? Did you encounter any other issues?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Mobile build 15063.2 install fails, user reports
- New emulator image for Windows 10 Mobile Creators Build almost complete