Microsoft recently released a new Windows 10 Redstone 3 build for PC to Fast Ring Insiders. Windows 10 build 16176 bring a series of bug fixes, as well as two new features.
Microsoft added serial device support for Windows Subsystem for Linux. In other words, users can now access Windows COM ports directly from a WSL process.
Second, users can now hold down the power button for 7 seconds to trigger a bugcheck. Keep in mind that this feature will only work on newer devices that don’t use legacy ACPI power buttons. Without further ado, let us see what’s new in build 16176.
Windows 10 Redstone 3 build 16176 bug fixes
- Narrator will work again on this build.
- Fixed the issue causing some apps and games to crash due to a misconfiguration of advertising ID that happened in a prior build.
- Fixed an issue resulting in the Start menu and Action Center having a noticeable framerate drop in their animations on certain devices if transparency was enabled and there were open UWP apps.
- Fixed an issue from the previous build where the Action Center could get into a state where dismissing one notification unexpectedly dismissed multiple.
- Fixed an issue where the Clock and Calendar flyout was unexpectedly missing the agenda integration for some Insiders.
- Fixed an issue from the previous build (Build 16170) resulting in Surface Books unexpectedly doing a disk check after waking from sleep due to it bugchecking during sleep.
- Fixed an issue from the previous build resulting in Win32 app text sometimes not rendering, for example in File Explorer, until logging out and back in.
- Fixed an issue where the Extensions Process was suspended inappropriately during Connected Standby, resulting in Microsoft Edge becoming unresponsive on wake if any extensions had been installed.
Have you downloaded Windows 10 build 16176? Did you encounter any particular issues after installing it?
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 could bring the Office suite to the Windows Store
- Project NEON adds new animations to Windows 10 Redstone 3’s UI
- Windows 10 Redstone 3 could come with full screen mode on Edge
Still having issues? Fix them with this tool:
If the advices above haven't solved your issue, your PC may experience deeper Windows problems. We recommend downloading this PC Repair tool (rated Great on TrustPilot.com) to easily address them. After installation, simply click the Start Scan button and then press on Repair All.