If your Windows 10 laptop is stuck on the spinning circle after you’ve upgraded to Windows 10, you came to the right place.
This error is more common than you might think. It happens when the installation process was completed successfully but for some reason, the installation is not able to continue.
This error occurs on a variety of operating system versions, and with a wide range of system configurations. This allows us to conclude that the problem is not caused by a faulty hardware piece inside your device.
Some users have allowed Windows 10 to remain in the dreaded ‘spinning circle’ cycle for more than 3 hours. This didn’t change anything. After this result, users are usually forced to perform a hard shutdown (pressing the power button until PC turns off).
In today’s article, we will explore some of the best methods to try in order to fix this issue. Read on to find out more.
What to do if Windows 10 laptop is getting stuck on spinning circle
1. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del keys
2. Use Startup Repair in Safe Mode
- Shut down or restart your PC.
- While the operating system is booting, press the F8 key repeatedly to enter the boot menu.
- Select Safe Mode.
- Inside the newly opened menu -> select the Startup Repair option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
3. Use a Windows 10 Recovery Disk to fix Windows 10 laptop getting stuck on spinning circle
After you’ve done this, Windows will automatically boot to the advanced settings menu and start the recovery process for your PC.
4. Use System Restore to recover your OS
To perform this method, follow the next steps:
- Perform a hard shutdown of your PC (hold the power button pressed).
- Turn your PC on again by pressing the power button once.
- Repeat steps 1 and 2 until you’re presented with the Recovery Screen menu.
- Select the Advanced Repair option -> click on Troubleshoot.
- Select Reset this PC -> click on Keep my files.
- Read the warning and click on the Next button to continue the process.
- After the process is completed, select Restart.
5. Reinstall Windows 10 to fix Windows 10 laptop getting stuck on spinning circle
It is recommended that you back up your data before doing this. Launch the Windows 10 installer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the setup again.
We hope these steps managed to help you resolve the Windows 10 laptop getting stuck on spinning circle issue.
Please feel free to let us know if this guide helped you. You can do so by simply using the comment section found below this article.