Fix: Windows 10, 8.1, 7 font is too small
There is an annoying font problem for some Windows 10, Windows 8.1 or Windows 7 users – the font is too small on their devices. There’s a very simple fix to this problem that we’re going to talk about below.
If you have been struck by the small font problem in Windows 1, Windows 8.1,Windows 7 here’s what you can do to remedy this problem. The problem might be caused by high DPI scaling in Windows, so check our previous post with similar working fixes – Chrome Looks Blurry in Windows 8.1, 10: What to do. If your issue persists, then here’s how to make the font on your screen larger or smaller, in our situation you want to make it bigger.
How to make font bigger in Windows 10, 8.1 and Windows 7
1. Change font size
You can make the text (and other things like icons) larger without changing the screen resolution of your monitor or laptop screen. That way, you can make text easier to see and still keep your monitor or laptop set to the best possible resolution.
Here’s how to change display resolution in Windows 8.1:
- Open Screen Resolution by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, choose Search, enter Display in the search box, choose Settings, and then Display.
- Choose Larger – 150%. This sets text and other items to 150% of normal size. This option appears only if your monitor supports a resolution of at least 1200 x 900 pixels.
- Hit Apply
If you want to change the text size for specific items in Windows 8.1, here’s what you need to do
- Open Screen Resolution
- Under Change only the text size, choose the item you’d like to change and pick a text size.
How to change font size on Windows 10:
- On Windows 10, things are simpler. All you need to to is go to Start > type ‘display’ > select Change Display Settings.
- Under Scale and Layout, you can change the size of text, apps and other items
2. Change display resolution
Another way to increase font size on PC is to change display resolution. However, keep in mind that the default resolution of your screen already uses the best possible configuration to display Windows.
Increasing the resolution will indeed make all parts of the UI larger, but some of them will become blurry or will even disappear.
To change display resolution on Windows 10, go to Settings > Display and choose another resolution level from the drop-down menu.
3. Press the CTRL key and use your mouse wheel
If you want to increase font size on various apps and programs or while browsing the Internet, you can simply press and hold the CRTL key on your keyboard and scroll up using your mouse wheel. Text size on the respective apps and programs will automatically increase.
That’s it, we hope that these suggestions helped. If you’ve got additional tips and suggestions, you can list them in the comments below.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in December 2013 and has been since completely revamped and updated for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- You’ll be able to download fonts on Windows 10 from the Windows Store
- How to fix font size problems in Photoshop
- MacType brings MacOS fonts to your Windows 10 device
What Android emulator is the best for my Windows PC? Bluestacks MeMu Nox Remix OS Player Droid4X AMIDuOS Windroy Genymotion Xamarin Android Player Andy We’re […]
Recently, a security researcher @SandboxEscaper disclosed in a tweet which has been deleted (the account also has been removed), that the task scheduler is vulnerable […]
Microsoft may be developing a new wireless charging system called “Ultrafast’” for its devices, if a newly discovered patent gets approved for mass production. This […]