- Google Chrome is very popular among users, but errors can still appear at times.
- For example, users have been reporting that sometimes Chrome looks blurry.
- To read more about this amazing tool, visit our dedicated Google Chrome Hub.
- We also have a Browsers page filled will articles covering all other similar tools.
A good number of Windows 10 users have been complaining that the Chrome browser looks quite blurry in Windows 10. We go through all the complaints and also suggest a few simple fixes.
Yet another Windows 10 problem is affecting users of the Chrome browser – now, a good number of them is reporting that the images and fonts look blurry in the Chrome browser. A while ago we were reporting that the mouse wheel was not working in the Chrome browser for some users and not it seems to be affecting the resolution.
Here are some of the complains:
I recently installed Windows 8 and i noticed that the screen puts a lot of strain on my eyes compared to Windows 7. It seems like the screen/text is blurry/fuzzy a bit putting strain on my eyes. It is not as crisp as it was in Windows 7. Almost too powerful? Anyone else experiencing this issue?
I updated Windows 8 to the Windows 8.1 Preview last night. I’m using a high-resolution Samsung SMS27A850 display (2560×1440).I noticed immediately that Chrome looks sort of blurry/fuzzy. It looked crisp in the previous version of Windows.
The solutions to these issues will be listed below in a step-by-step manner. Also, note that they can also help if you are experiencing the following problems:
- Chrome font blurry – Sometimes the fonts seem blurry, and it can be caused by bad scaling.
- Chrome text blurry – Entire pages can sometimes appear blurry, rendering them unreadable.
- Chrome resolution blurry – Adjusting the resolution can sometimes lead to blurry UI elements.
- Chrome looks blurry – At times, the entire Chrome UI can seem blurry
How do I fix a blurry Google Chrome browser?
1. Try another browser
If you’re going through the trouble of trying to fix blurry Chrome elements, then maybe you are someone that values visuals very much. if that is the case, then we recommend yous witch to a new web browser: Opera.
This tool is not only based on the same engine as Chrome but it also but it can use most of its extensions as well.
As for the visuals, you should know that Opera boasts one of the most modern and lightweight designs among all browsers, and this can be further customized.
Of course, we aren’t talking just about themes, as Opera lets you adapt and move UI elements in ways that will suit your taste best, allowing for a personalized experience.
Surf he Internet without any visual inconsistencies with one of the most modern web browser on the market today!
2. Disable scaling
The solution to this annoying problem is quite simple, and here’s what you have to do. The problem is apparently caused by display scaling, and here’s how to fix it in Chrome.
That’s it! And you can do this not only for Chrome but any other application or software that might seem blurry.
3. Clear your browser cache
If the problem persists, try clearing your cache and cookies. Keep in mind that this action may delete important browsing information so proceed carefully.
- Open Chrome > click on the three-dot menu
- Select More tools > click on Clear browsing data
- You can either choose a time range or simply select All time to delete everything
- Go to Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files > check both boxes > Clear data
4. Uninstall Helvetica
So, if you already installed this extension on your browser, try removing it as soon as possible.
5. Reset Chrome
If nothing worked, you can try to reset the Chrome browser. Keep in mind that by hitting the Reset button, you will delete all information stored by the browser.
- Click on the three-dot menu > select Settings
- Scroll down to advanced > click on Reset
By following all of these steps, you should be able to fix any blurring you may see while using Google Chrome.
Let us know which solution worked for you by leaving us a message in the comments section below.