This multimedia Windows 8, 10 and Windows RT alarm app Alarm Clock HD received yet many updates over time and maintains on top of alarm clock apps that we’ve discovered in the Windows Store.
The Windows 8, 10 Alarm Clock HD app is one of the best ways to set an alarm in Windows 8, 10 and there’s no doubt about it. With an average rating of 4 out of 5 stars from almost 1400 reviewers, it shows that it’s appreciated by Windows 8, Windows 8.1, 10 and Windows RT users. Now, it has received yet another update that we’ve discovered through the Windows Store.
According to the release note, Alarm Clock HD is now at version number 220.127.116.11 and the most important change is that the themes for the app have been seriously updated. Besides this, the Windows 8 alarm app also comes with some minor user interface updates, but we haven’t been given more details about this.
[UPDATE] Alarm Clock HD is a Universal App, meaning you can run the app on your Windows 10 desktop or your Windows Phone 10 device. Since it was released, Alarm Clock HD has received more updates in Windows 8.1, 10 such as:
- Alarms can wake up your device from sleep (if your device supports it and you have set this app as the default alarm app)
- added 5 Analog Clock Faces
- Every feature in the app is highly customizable via the settings window
- windows toast notification sound for alarms
- Appbar user interface updated to match the overall look and feel of the app
We especially noticed two features that you might like as well, or let us know in the comments below what is your favorite.
- Light sensor: If enabled, alarms will stop ringing automatically when you switch on the room light
- Sleep timer: sleep music plays for the sleep timer duration and gently fades away as you fall asleep
By using Alarm Clock HD in Windows 8, you can do much more than just setting up an alarm: get weather reports, the exact time, currency exchange rates, create music playlists, use built-in RSS feeds, read Facebook posts and even listen to internet radio in Windows 8.1, 10
This is truly an awesome alarm app that you need to download to your Windows 8.1 / 10 device.
RELATED ARTICLES TO CHECK OUT NOW: