Fix: Window Borders and Window Control Buttons are Pixelated in Windows 8.1
Issues with User Interface in Windows are usually very annoying. And one user of Windows 8.1 recently reported some strange issue with window boarders and control buttons. Namely, everything was pixelated and he was unable to find the solution.
Solution 1 – Update Display Driver
I said this in my previous articles that include this solution, I’ll said it again, it’s the most cliché solution ever, but it does solve the problem! Because a lot of graphics issues can be solved just with updating the display driver. This especially applies if you installed Windows 8.1 recently. So, in case you’re not sure how to do that, here’s how to update your display driver:
- Right-click on This PC from Desktop and go to Properties
- Go to Device Manager from the left pane
- Under Display adapters, right-click on your graphics card and go to Update driver software
- Wait until the process is finished and restart computer, if needed
We also recommend this third-party tool (100% safe and tested by us) to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your PC.
Solution 2 – Run System troubleshooter
If pixelated window boarders and control buttons still appear after you updated your graphics card driver, you should run the System Troubleshooter and see if this tool has some solutions for you.
- Press Windows and X buttons at the same time and select Control Panel
- Go to Troubleshooting
- Click on View all on the left side panel
- Click on System Maintenance and follow the on-screen instructions from the wizard
- Restart PC if needed
That’s it, one of these solutions should solve the pixelated window boarders and control buttons issue. But if you still have problems, tell us in the comments, we’ll try to find another solution.
Besides issues with pixelated user interface elements, users also report that minimize, maximize and close buttons could disappear from Windows Explorer, so if this also bothers you, check out this article.