FIX: Unable to Install Apps From Windows 10 Store
4 solutions to fix Windows 10 app install issues
- Check if Windows Firewall is turned on
- Sync your Windows Store license properly
- Use the Windows App Troubleshooter
- Reset the Store App
You just purchased an Universal app from Windows Store, but somehow you’re unable to download it. Don’t worry, your money won’t be wasted, because there are a couple of simple solutions for this Windows Store problem.
There are a couple of reasons why this issue occurs, and a couple of solutions as well, so check them out below.
What to do if you can’t install Windows store apps
Solution 1: Check if Windows Firewall is turned on
It turns out that Windows Firewall has to be turned on if you want to be able to download apps and games from Windows Store. To make sure that Windows Firewall is enabled, do the following:
- Go to Search, type windows firewall open Windows Firewall
- Go to Turn Windows Firewall on or off from the left side of the screen
- Make sure ‘Turn on Windows Firewall’ is checked under both Private network settings and Public network settings
Solution 2: Windows Store license is not synced properly
You won’t be able to install any apps from Windows Store (no matter free or paid) if licensing is not synced properly. To properly sync it, follow these steps:
- Go to Windows Store
- Press Windows key and C at the same time
- Open Settings
- Go to Sync Licenses
- Restart your computer and try to install your app again
Solution 3: Use the Windows App Troubleshooter
Microsoft has troubleshooters for various Windows-related problems, so it created Windows App Troubleshooter, as well. You just need to download and launch it, and it will scan your App Store for possible problems and provide a solution, if available.
The Windows App Troubleshooter works on Windows 8 and 8.1, and is also compatible with Windows 10.
You can also launch it directly from the Windows 10 Settings app. Microsoft integrated a series of troubleshooters in the Settings page, allowing you to fix specific technical issues much quicker.
Solution 4: Reset the Store App
There is a method you can try, by resetting Windows Store app. Here’s how to do it step by step. Don’t worry, you won’t lose anything that you previously bought or downloaded. This will only clear the cache and refresh your library.
- Open the Windows Store App
- Click “Windows Key” and “X” and select “Run”
- Type in “wsreset” without the quotes
- A black MS-Dos windows will now appear for a few seconds. Wait for it to disappear and the Store will automatically open.
That would be all, we hope that you’ll be able to install your purchased app after performing some of these solutions. However, if you’re still unable to install it, you may try some of the workarounds given in this article.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT
- Fixed: You Cannot Open the Windows Store Without an Internet Connection
- Windows 10 April 2018 Update lets you install Fonts from the Store
- Fix: “You’ll need a new app to open this ms-windows-store” error
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published on July 2015 and has been since updated for freshness, and accuracy.
Windows is a complicated operating system, but it is complicated only because of how much customizable it is in terms of its behavior. You can […]
Microsoft scheduled major maintenance works for Xbox Live on February, 19 but the effects are still visible today. The maintenance was scheduled between 2:00PM UTC and 6:00PM […]