- Some users reported that Windows Hello Face is currently unavailable in Windows 11, and this might be a cause of poor camera-related upgrades.
- Considering it can be only a temporary error, the first thing to do is reboot your PC.
- To make your Windows Hello Face option accessible, running the camera troubleshooter is another efficient method that will surely help you.
- If the face recognition setup is currently unavailable, you can try to update the camera drivers.
Windows Hello Face is a popular app that can prove important security to your PC and private data, using high-quality technologies. However, it seems like some users are unable to use face unlock in Windows 11.
From what they say, it’s impossible to use face unlock in Windows 11. More precisely, this is the message that they get:
We couldn’t find a camera compatible with Windows Hello Face.
In the following picture, you can see how this error usually manifests on Windows PCs:
Why isn’t the Windows Hello Face option unavailable in Windows 11?
There are some reasons which explain why your Windows Hello Face is currently unavailable in Windows 11. In the section below, we’ve prepared a dedicated list to make this subject more clear to you.
1. Random and temporary bugs
First of all, we can talk about random and temporary errors, which might often occur on your OS or hardware components. These can be easily solved by following some easy steps, presented later in this article.
2. Poor general Windows updates
Besides that, you have to consider that poor general Windows updates can also harm your software. If your apps or programs are acting weird, it might be a sign of not being up to date on your operating system.
Check this full article to find out how long do Windows 11 updates take to install.
3. Corrupted drivers
Probably one of the most common reasons why your Windows Hello Face option would be currently unavailable is because the webcam drivers were corrupted during the upgrade process.
Windows 11 drivers are the backbone that allows your apps and programs to run in normal terms on your OS.
If something wrong is happening with their design, it would also affect your other related hardware and software tools, including Windows Hello Face.
There are some valuable options you should definitely consider if you notice that this app is currently unavailable in Windows 11. To find out the best one, make sure you check this article completely.
What can I do if Windows Hello Face is currently unavailable?
1. Reboot your PC
As mentioned before, this error might sometimes occur due to some random and temporary bugs related to your integrated camera.
Thus, the first option you should try is rebooting your computer, and see if the app gets unstuck.
However, if this method won’t make your Windows Hello Face currently available in Windows 11, move on to the next steps.
2. Check for Windows updates
With this option, your OS will automatically scan for newly available updates. You should wait a bit until all recommendations are updated, then reboot your PC.
This could work if Windows Hello Face is occurred by random bugs due to poor general updates.
3. Run the dedicated troubleshooter
- Open Settings.
- Go to System, then click on Troubleshooter.
- Select Other troubleshooters.
- Look at the Camera section, then click on the Run button.
Because Windows Hello Face helps you set a more secure environment using facial authentification, the error might occur due to some camera problems. Considering this, running the troubleshooter can support you in searching and suggesting specific recommendations.
4. Update camera drivers
- Press on the Windows key, type device manager, then open it.
- Expand the Cameras section, then right click on the integrated camera, and select Update driver.
- Click on Search automatically for drivers.
Device drivers are the most important pieces that allow you to optimally use both your hardware and software environments.
If your Windows Hello Face is currently unavailable on Windows 11, keeping your drivers up to date will surely make a difference. For automatic scans of missing or outdated drivers, we recommend using DriverFix.
5. Reinstall Windows 11
- Open Settings.
- Go to System, then select Recovery.
- Look at the Reset this PC option, then click on the Reset PC button.
How does Windows Hello Face work?
Typical passwords imply a huge risk of being broken or stolen, so that’s why Windows Hello Face helps you when it comes to setting significant boundaries against attacks surface.
This feature uses 3D structured light to design the model of Microsoft users’ faces. Then, there are applied anti-spoofing techniques to limit the success of cloning heads.
Here you can see the most important benefits that Windows Hello Face offers you:
- Facial recognition which proved to be one of the mose secure methods for Windows devices.
- A user-friendly interface, which offers you single sign form of verification to unlock your Microsoft Passport.
- Enterprise access to Microsoft Passport Pro supported content, including network resources, websites, and payment instruments.
- With the help of IR, it provides a consistent image in a variety of lighting conditions. There are also included subtle changes in appearance including facial hair, cosmetic makeup, and some other great features.
To improve your device safety check out these best security & privacy features in Windows 11 and find which one suits your needs.
If you have any other questions or thoughts, do not hesitate to share them with us using the comment section below.