Did you get Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device error message? Don’t panic. We will show you how to resolve this error message. The error message occurs when the internet is not working on your Windows PC as a result of VPN conflict with your network adapter.
Some users experienced the error after an update.
“At the bottom of windows desktop in the tray, my network icon has a red x with a popup dialog that says “Not connected – No connections are available”. When I look in device manager all the network adapters have a yellow caution symbol. When I click on each adapter I get a dialog that says “Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device. (Code 56)” It sounds to me like the update is not working correctly.”
Learn below how to fully address it.
How do I solve Setting up the class configuration for this device error
1. Use Network adapter troubleshooter
- Press the Windows key to launch the Start menu.
- Now, type ‘troubleshoot‘ and hit the Enter key.
- In the Troubleshoot window, go to Network Adapter option and click on it.
- Select Run the troubleshooter.
- Follow the prompts to finish up the process.
- Restart PC.
After restarting your PC, you can then start your internet connection to see if it works. Alternatively, you can try other fixes below.
2. Disable your VPN connection
- Press the Win + R keys to launch the Run program.
- In the Run box, type ncpa.cpl and hit the Enter key. This will launch the Network Connections window.
- In the Network Connections window, right click on your VPN and then click on Disable from the list of options.
- Now, launch your web browser and check if the internet is working or not.
Note: Some recommended VPN programs such as BullGuard VPN, NordVPN, and CyberGhost are notable for working effectively with any type of internet connection. Therefore, you should migrate to such a VPN to prevent error with your internet connection.
3. Reset network settings
- Press the Win + I keys to launch Settings.
- Go to Network and Internet.
- In the Status panel, scroll down to locate the Network reset option, click on it.
- In the new window, click on ‘Reset now’ and wait for the process to be complete.
4. Run Windows Update
- Go to Start > type “windows update” in the search box and then click on “Windows Update” to proceed.
- In the Windows Update window, check for updates and install the available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your Windows PC.
In conclusion, we do hope that you are able to fix the Windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device error by applying any of the aforementioned solutions above. If so, do leave us a comment below.
RELATED STORIES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT: