A wide range of users have encountered an error message saying Windows was unable to install your ADB interface. This issue is extremely common, and it happens because of a corruption of the installation file that deals with this process.
Encountering this error message means that you won’t be able to connect your Android device to your PC. This also means that no transfer of data can be done between your two devices, so your photos and music are stuck for now.
For these reasons in this article we will explore the best way to deal with this issue, so let’s get started.
What to do if Windows is unable to install ADB interface?
Install your ADB Interface manually
- Install Android SDK on your PC by clicking here.
- After the installation process is completed -> click on Start -> select Android SDK tools -> SDK Manager -> right-click it -> select Run as administrator.
- Inside the SDK Manager -> click on Extras -> check the box next to Google USB Driver.
- Press the Install 1 package button.
- After the process of installing Google USB driver is completed, plug in your device.
Now update the driver:
- Press Windows Key + X and select Device Manager.
- Inside the Device Manager window -> locate your Android device -> right click it -> select Update Driver Software.
- Select the option Browse my computer for driver software.
- Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
- Click on Show all devices > Have Disk.
- Enter the path to the Google USB driver (default location is C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver).
- Select Android ADB Interface from the list.
- Press Yes when the prompt appears.
- Press Install to start the process.
- After the process is completed, you can click Close from the bottom right corner of the window.
In this article, we explored the best solution for dealing with Windows not being able to install your ADB Interface.
We hope this guide will help you solve the issue, and that you are now able to connect your Android mobile device to your PC without any issues.
Please feel free to let us know if this list helped, by using the comment section found below.