- To download ADB drivers on Windows 11, you just need to visit the developer's website and get the necessary files from there.
- In order to use ADB, first, you need to extract the file and manually start the service with a command-line tool.
- You can also install these drivers automatically with specialized software.
ADB is a command-line tool that allows users to perform sophisticated and off-limits changes on Android devices. You can use it to perform apps sideload, custom ROMs flash, and firmware upgrades, among other high-level tweaks.
The ADB drivers facilitate this process and ensure the ADB works as expected. However, like in the earlier operating systems, ADB is not pre-installed on Windows 11.
Hence, you have to install the drivers yourself. In this guide, we will not only show you how to install the ADB drivers but take you through the configuration process.
Are ADB drivers safe for installation?
ADB drivers are generally safe. They do not make any unnecessary changes to your PC as they only serve as a bridge between your system and the Android device.
ADB drivers can only become a problem if you use them wrongly. And that can also be salvaged by uninstalling the drivers.
How can I install and configure ADB drivers on Windows 11?
1. Download and install the ADB drivers manually
- Go to the Android SDK Platform Tools website and click on the Download SDK Platform-tools for Windows option.
- When prompted, check the terms and condition checkbox and click the Download Android SDK Platform-Tools for Windows button.
- Once the download is finished, locate the downloaded file and move it to the root folder of the C drive. If you’re not familiar, that’s
- Right-click the zip file and select Extract all.
- Now click on Extract to start the process.
- Wait while the files are being extracted.
- Go into the folder that you extracted.
- Right-click the empty space and choose Open in Terminal.
- Run the following commands:
After doing that, you should see the list of all devices connected to your PC.
2. Download and install the ADB drivers automatically
You can also download the Windows 11 ADB driver automatically with a top-notch driver updater. This option saves you the stress of going through the enormous steps listed in the first solution.
And with a large database of original drivers from thousands of developers, you are sure to get all the drivers you need to avoid errors on your PC.
Some of the most common Windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. The lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even BSoDs.To avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your Windows PC in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend DriverFix. Here’s how to do it:
- Download and install DriverFix.
- Launch the application.
- Wait for DriverFix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- The software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- Wait for DriverFix to download and install the newest drivers.
- Restart your PC for the changes to take effect.
Drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
Disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the free version in order to perform some specific actions.
Why is Windows 11 ADB not working?
There are multiple reasons for this issue, and it’s possible that your environment variables aren’t correct, so you need to adjust them if you want to fix this issue.
You also need to check your phone settings and ensure that the features such as USB Debugging are enabled before you can use ADB properly.
For more information about this issue, do not hesitate to visit our Windows can’t install ADB interface article.
There you have it: an extensive guide on installing ADB drivers on Windows 11. We hope you find this guide useful and it helps you get back to your creative developer best.
Also, if you have installed the ADB drivers but Windows 11 can’t recognize ADB, check out our article for a series of solutions to resolve it.
Feel free to ask questions in the comments section below if you face any problems during the installation.