- Windows Update errors are a common issue when using a Windows 10 PC.
- Such would be the case of error 0x800f0845 that we will be covering in the guide below.
- For more articles on the matter, check out our dedicated Windows Update Error Hub.
- If other PC issues are bothering, then head over to our dedicated Windows 10 Fix page.
If you have faced the error 0x800f0845 while installing your windows update, you should know what’s causing the error in the first place before trying to fix it.
Usually, the error shows up when you are trying to install the update component KB4056892, and you can also face this error during the installation of other update components.
However, the error 0x800f0845 isn’t as rare as other websites claim on the internet. A large number of AMD system users have been encountering this problem through BSoD error.
So, if you are one of those people who are working around to fix the error, we suggest you keep reading this article.
How do I fix the WIndows Update error 0x800f0845?
1. Uninstall Windows Updates in Safe Mode
- Restart windows a few times consecutively to enter an automatic repair screen.
- Move your cursor to the Advanced Options in the Troubleshoot window and click it.
- In the Advanced Options, click Startup Settings and reboot the windows on Safe Mode using the F4 key.
- Once you are in the Safe Mode, open Settings by holding Windows Key and press ‘I’.
- In the Settings, click Update & Security section and uninstall the KB405692 update from the Update History.
- Open Settings by right-clicking the Start button.
- In the Settings, click on Update & Security to open troubleshoot for windows.
- Move your cursor to Windows Update and click it.
- Now click on Run the Troubleshooter to start the troubleshooting.
2. Download Windows updates manually
- Go to Microsoft’s Update Catalog site on your browser.
- Enter your desired Update Code in the search bar and hit Enter.
- Get a suitable version from the list by clicking the Download button.
In the pop-up window, click the given link to start the windows update.
3. Roll-back your update
- Press Start
- Type in CMD to open the Command Prompt
- Click on Command Prompt and type each command.
- dir d:
- dism /image:d\ /remove-package
- /packagename:Package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~aamd64~~7601.24002.1.4 /norestart
When done, make sure you restart your computer for the changes to apply. Let us know if these fixes work for you. The above-mentioned solutions should definitely help you fix the error 0x800f0845 and put it to rest.
FAQ: Learn more about Windows update errors
- What kind of Windows Update errors are there?
Grossly speaking, Windows Update errors fall under 3 categories:
- Those that prevent your PC from updating
- Those that happen during the update process
- And those that trigger afterward because of faulty update processes
- How can I fix Windows Update errors fast?
One go-to method of fixing Windows Update errors is using the Windows Update Troubleshooter.
- What is the best way to fix Windows update errors?
The best method, but also the most destructive, is to simply perform a full PC reset.