- A DLL is a dynamic-link library and it is crucial for your Windows OS.
- Corrupted or missing DLLs can lead to issues when running various services on your Windows PC.
- This is just one of many such issues that we have covered in our DLL Errors Hub.
- For more fix guides, check out our dedicated Windows 10 Fix page.
Wow64.dll is considered to be an important system file for Windows 10 OS. However, Wow64.dll is missing is a common error that is experienced by Windows 10 users while running a program.
One of the users reported on Microsoft forums.
I noticed that the following files are missing: wow64.dll, wow64cpu.dll, wow64win.dll. From what I read that these DLLs do, I think I probably need them. How can I go about getting them?
The wow64.dll error indicates that the file is either corrupted, incorrectly installed or removed from your system.
In this article, we are going to discuss some quick methods that you can use to fix the Wow64.dll is missing error on your computer.
How do I fix Wow64.dll missing error?
1. Run System File Checker (SFC)
- Navigate to the Start menu and type cmd in the search box.
- Right-click on Command Prompt from the list of search results and click Run as administrator.
- Click Yes in the permission dialog box when prompted.
- Command Prompt will open on your screen, type sfc /scannow and press the Enter key.
- The System File Checker utility will now start scanning your system for wow64.dll issues.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and wait until the process is complete and close Command Prompt.
2. Update your system
- To update your system, navigate to the Start menu, type Settings in the search box and click the first result.
- Now click Update & Security settings and then Windows Update.
- Click the Check for updates button. Your system will start downloading new updates if they are available.
- Once the update process is complete, Restart your system.
- If your system is already up to date, proceed to the next solution.
3. Restore your system
- To start the System Restore process, click the Start menu and type Create a restore point in the search box.
- Click Create a restore point from the search results. Click the System Restore button in the System Properties Window and click Next.
- Click the Show more restore points option and select your specific Restore point.
- Click Next and then click the Finish button to begin the System Restore process.
4. Download third-party utilities
- Search and download any third-party utility program to automatically fix the missing Wow64.dll error.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the utility.
- Open the program and follow the instructions to fix wow64.dll errors on your system.
In this article, we have explored some methods that you can use to troubleshoot Wow64.dll is missing error on your system.
Feel free to comment down below if this guide helped you to resolve the issue.
FAQ: Learn more about DLLs
- Is it bad to have a missing DLL?
Since DLLs are important to your PC’s well-being, a missing DLL can pose a variety of issues. Check out this guide on what to do when facing a missing DLL.
- How can I recover a missing DLL?
One surefire way to recover a missing DLL is to reset your PC. However, make sure you perform a backup of it using a dedicated software solution.
- Are there any tools that can recover or fix lost or corrupted DLLs?
There are plenty of third-party tools out there that can recover or replace missing or corrupt DLLs by using their own built-in libraries.