WPTorrent app for Windows 10 gets UWP version and a new name
Although it’s one of the main tools for downloading pirated content, thus posing a threat to the business of legit content providers like Spotify, Netflix, Pandora, and even Microsoft, wpTorrent keeps getting updates on the Windows Store.
The WPTorrent app is a native bit torrent downloader for Windows 10, and it’s getting a new name: wTorrent. The rebranding follows a recent update to the app that also upgraded wTorrent to the Universal Windows Platform format.
On its Windows Store listing, the app’s features include:
- Rich torrent features. Including magnet link support, setting file priorities, download/upload rate limit, incoming listen port, etc.
- Video playback integrated. Let you to watch downloaded videos while downloading is in progress.
- Power saving options. You may choose to stop downloading when battery is low, when downloads complete, or when WIFI is not available.
The UWP app is now available to download from the Windows Store.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- 4 Best Torrent Apps for your Windows 8, Windows 10 Device
- Will downloading torrents be possible on Xbox One?
- Torrex app makes downloading torrents on Xbox a reality
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]
The Windows 10 October 2018 Update (otherwise 18H2) rollout might now be two to three weeks away. For the last few months, new build previews […]
Microsoft released a new Windows 7 update to the general public. Update KB4457139 is actually a preview of the upcoming monthly rollup update and allows users […]