Fix: Xbox error XBOS3008
In order to purchase certain content on Xbox Live you can use a prepaid code on your Xbox. Unfortunately, certain errors can occur while redeeming a prepaid code, and users reported error XBOS3008, so let’s see how to fix it.
Xbox error XBOS3008, how to fix it?
Fix – Xbox error XBOS3008
Solution 1 – Check the status of Xbox Live services
In order to redeem codes and make purchases on Xbox Live, all Xbox Live services need to run properly. You can check the status of Xbox Live services simply by visiting Xbox website. If one of the services isn’t properly running, you might not be able to purchase anything and you’ll encounter XBOS3008 error. Unfortunately, you can’t do anything to fix this problem, and you’ll have to wait until Microsoft fixes the issue.
Solution 2 – Check the status of your Xbox Live subscription
You should know that prepaid codes can’t be used or activated if your Xbox subscription is suspended or if it has a balance due. If your subscription is suspended, you’ll need to update your payment information in order to fix this problem. To do that, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Microsoft account using any web browser.
- After that, navigate to Services & subscriptions page.
- Select the blue question mark under Status and select Pay now link.
If you want, you can also update payment information on Xbox One. To do that, do the following:
- Select Settings > Account > Subscriptions.
- Locate the suspended subscription and select it.
- In Payment and billing section select Pay now option.
- Choose how you want to pay and follow the instructions on the screen.
Solution 3 – Check if you’re using an Xbox Live Gold trial subscription
Xbox Live Gold trial subscriptions will allow you to play games online, but there are certain limitations that you should know about. For example, if you have an Xbox Live Gold trial subscription, you can’t redeem a prepaid code to extend the subscription period. However, you’ll be able to redeem the code after your current subscription expires. In addition, using an Xbox Live Gold trial subscription will prevent you from accessing Games with Gold. Another limitation of trial Xbox Live Gold subscription is that you can’t stack prepaid codes. This means that you can’t start another trial period before your current trial period expires. You can still use prepaid codes to receive a separate Xbox Live Gold trial subscription, but as we already mentioned, you won’t be able to stack prepaid codes.
Xbox error XBOS3008 will prevent you from using prepaid codes on Xbox Live, but we hope that you fixed this error by using one of our solutions.
- Microsoft is offering free Xbox One games in November
- Fix: “For this game you need to be online” Xbox error
- Fix: “Game could not start” Xbox error
- Fix: “Required storage device removed” Xbox error
- Fix: Xbox error “Use a different way to pay”
After recent bad news stories about updates released by Microsoft for Windows 10, that you can read here and here, it is refreshing to read (or […]
Microsoft is all set to launch its next big update, Windows 10 version 1809 in October. While that should be a nice piece of news […]