Gamesharing is a useful Xbox One feature that allows you to share and play digitally owned games with your friends.
While this feature is great, many users encounter various issues with it, and in today’s article, we’ll tackle some of these issues.
How do I fix Gamesharing errors on Xbox One?
1. Make sure to check the number of Home Console Switches
In order to use Gamesharing feature, you need to use the Home Console Switch feature.
This is relatively a simple process, but there’s a limitation in a number of switches you can do per year. Currently, you can perform up to 5 switches a year, and after exceeding that number, you won’t be able to use this feature anymore.
If that’s the case, you’ll have to wait for the counter to reset or contact Microsoft support.
2. Assign a home console
- Open the Guide by pressing the Xbox button on your controller.
- Head over to System > Settings.
- Now go to Personalization > My home Xbox.
- Set Make this my home Xbox.
- Check if the issue is resolved.
3. Power cycle your Xbox
- Press and hold the Power button on your console for 10 seconds.
- Once your console turns off, disconnect it from the power outlet.
- Wait for 30 seconds or more.
- Connect your console to the power outlet and turn it on.
- Check if the issue is still there.
4. Clear Persistent storage
- Go to Settings > Disc & Blu-Ray.
- Head over to the Persistent Storage.
- Now select Clear persistent storage.
5. Factory reset your Xbox One
- Navigate to Settings > System.
- Choose Console info > Reset console.
- Select Reset and keep my games & apps.
- After the process is finished, check if the issue is resolved.
- If the problem still persists, you might want to repeat the process and choose Reset and remove everything.
Note: By doing so, you’ll remove all files from your console, so you’ll have to download your games and apps again.
There you go, these are several quick and easy solutions that might help you fix Gamesharing errors on your Xbox One. If you’ve found our solutions helpful, let us know in the comments section below.
- Can you install Xbox Game Pass games on a secondary drive?
- 3 methods to fix Xbox Game DVR audio out of sync
- Xbox Live doesn’t think I have Gold membership