Microsoft scheduled major maintenance works for Xbox Live on February, 19 but the effects are still visible today. The maintenance was scheduled between 2:00PM UTC and 6:00PM UTC (9:00AM ET and 1:00PM ET). This means that over 360 titles and services were affected all over the world.
Microsoft has sent an alert to all the Xbox users who might be disconnected from Xbox Live, if they had plans to play Xbox 360 games during the maintenance period.
Furthermore, all backward compatible Xbox 360 games on the console were also affected for Xbox One users around the world — while both Xbox Live and Xbox One games were expected to work normally.
Notably, Xbox 360 titles & services were affected only for an hour and a half during scheduled maintenance that was done last year in July. You can check out the Xbox Live service status for the latest information during the maintenance period.
Xbox Live is still unavailable for some
At the time of writing this article, some issues were reported in Xbox Live Core Services. The users were having difficulties in signing in, creating, managing, or recovering an account.
Some of the users have also reported an issue in using the search feature. As of now, the issue has just affected Xbox 360 platform.
As far as the resolution is concerned Microsoft stated that:
Our engineers and developers are actively continuing to work to resolve the issue causing some members to have problems signing in to Xbox Live. Stay tuned, and thanks for your patience.
Apart from that, the company confirmed that all the other all the other services, games, website and apps should be operating normally after maintenance work was completed. These services include:
- Buying items, redeeming codes, or downloading purchases
- Live TV; Groove or Movies & TV video store, including browsing, purchasing, downloading, and streaming
- In-game matchmaking, cloud storage, finding friends, Game DVR, leaderboards, avatar editing, or pictures
- Web search, forums, help content, or Xbox.com are available
- All apps and games are operating normally
Let us know in the comments section below if you are still experiencing any other issues after the maintenance period.
- Xbox Live support to expand to iOS, Android and Nintendo Switch
- FIX: You cannot play online Xbox Live multiplayer, your account is set up