- Your connector is running an old configuration message can appear in Microsoft Teams.
- This message is caused by some internal security changes, but it can be fixed easily.
- To fix it, you just need to generate new URLs and adjust your configuration settings.
- This change is a part of Microsoft Teams connector apps webhook URL security improvement, but you can fix it with these solutions.
Microsoft Teams is a great platform for communication, but many users reported Your connector is running an old configuration message while using it.
This message may interfere with your everyday communication, and prevent you from staying in contact with your team, and this is why it crucial that you fix this error message as soon as possible.
Fixing this issue is relatively simple, but it can be tedious, and in today’s guide we’re going to show you what causes this message to appear and how to properly fix it.
How can I fix Your connector is running an old configuration?
1. Update all connectors
- On the connector configuration page click on Update URL.
- A new URL will be generated.
- Copy the new URL to the third-party source that is using the URL.
Microsoft made some security improvements recently to Microsoft Teams and connectors are switching to a new webhook URL format for improved security.
Since this is a global change, the only way to fix Your connector is running an old configuration error is to update all the connectors.
Therefore, if you’re a Microsoft Teams administrator, you should be able to easily fix this problem by following the instructions from above.
2. Recreate/update bots
As previously mentioned, you need to update all your connectors if you’re getting this error message.
If you’re using bots, you’ll need to update or recreate them to fix this problem.
Your connector is running an old configuration message in Microsoft Teams can be problematic, but as you can see, it’s not caused by a user or a server error.
With Microsoft making security improvements, users are left with no other alternative than to manually update all the connectors with a new URL.
Did you find this guide helpful? If you did, feel free to leave us a comment in the comments section below.