- Your version of Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon message can be alarming, but today we'll show you how to fix it.
- One way to fix this problem is to update your drivers manually or with specialized software.
- Updating Windows 10 using a dedicated tool is another way to fix this issue on your PC.
- If you're encountering Your version of Windows has reached the end of service message, be sure to disable the problematic devices.
Getting the message your version of windows 10 will reached the end of service on Windows 10 can be confusing as it does not offer additional information on why this message has suddenly appeared.
Most users seeing this message on their device would panic, but there is no need to since it can be easily solved.
We will explore in this article the exact steps you need to make to solve the end-of-service message, so keep reading.
What does Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon mean?
An end-of-service soon means that the version of Windows 10 you are currently using is approaching its end-of-life date, after which Microsoft will stop providing security updates or support for that version of the operating system.
Microsoft releases new Windows 10 regularly, providing support and updates for each version for a certain period.
This period of care is the support lifecycle or end-of-life for that version. When a version reaches its end-of-life, security updates, bug fixes, or technical support for that version will cease.
How we test, review and rate?
We have worked for the past 6 months on building a new review system on how we produce content. Using it, we have subsequently redone most of our articles to provide actual hands-on expertise on the guides we made.
For more details you can read how we test, review, and rate at WindowsReport.
Continue to use a version of Windows 10 that has reached its end of life. Your computer will be more vulnerable to security threats and may encounter compatibility issues with newer software and hardware.
How do I fix Your version of Windows 10 will reach end of service soon message?
Before proceeding with any actions to fix the end-of-service error message, ensure your device is listed in the list of devices tested for Windows 10 version 2004 (May 2020).
You can check whether this is the case, depending on what device you are using by accessing this list of tested devices.
1. Update your drivers
Many error messages are caused by faulty or outdated drivers, so ensuring they are updated is essential.
Users reported issues with Conexant SmartHD Audio, but there’s a quick and easy way to update them and fix this issue.
If you want to manage the drivers for your PC properly, the most reliable way is to use automated assistance for drivers.
With dedicated tools, you will update all drivers automatically and quickly without causing further system problems. By choosing this software, it’s most likely to fix and update any old drivers you have.
2. Update Windows 10
- Press Windows + I to open Settings.
- Locate and click on the Update & Security option.
- Next, click on Windows update and go to the Download and install option.
- If this option is unavailable, click the Check for updates option.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart your device.
We recommend using a specialized tool for Updating Windows 10 since it will work faster and is more reliable.
A couple of users suggested that you disable certain drivers to update successfully. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + X and choose Device Manager from the list.
- Locate your audio driver.
- Right-click it and select Uninstall device.
- If available, check Remove driver software for this device. Now click on Uninstall.
- Right-click the audio device, and choose Disable device.
- After uninstalling and disabling the audio device, try to update Windows 10 again.
It costs nothing to update to the new feature release of Windows 10, and doing so will eliminate the end-of-service message.
It’s also important to know that once you update your Windows 10 device you will not lose any of the files stored on your device so it is completely safe.
Nonetheless, having a backup is always a good idea in case any issues appear after the upgrade.
We hope that one of the solutions presented in this article helped you solve the problem with Windows 10 will reach the end of service soon message.