- YouTube is the lifeline for many users as they jump to this app to watch content from all across the world.
- iPhone users have reported that they are facing an issue where they get an error YouTube no stream tap to retry.
- This guide gives you some effective solutions that will help you fix the problem and get back to streaming.
YouTube is watched by billions across the globe on a daily basis. You can watch a wide variety of videos on YouTube and it is one of the favorite past-times of many users.
However, YouTube users, especially iPhone and iOS device owners, have reported that they are facing a YouTube no stream tap to retry error.
This happens when they try to watch a video, and out of nowhere, this error pops up. Notably, when a similar video is played on another platform, for instance, an Android smartphone, it works with no issues.
Moreover, the problem doesn’t go away even if you tap on retry multiple times. Several iPhone users have reported this issue on various platforms, but there doesn’t seem to be a specific solution to fix this problem.
Thankfully, in this guide, we have compiled a list of effective solutions, after thorough research, that will help you fix the YouTube no stream tap to retry error and get back to streaming your favorite content.
Why am I facing YouTube no stream tap to retry error?
The YouTube no stream tap to retry error has been predominantly reported by iPhone and iOS users across the globe.
After research, we found out that there isn’t any specific reason for this issue to get triggered. However, there can be the below-mentioned reasons why you may come across this error:
- The YouTube app on your phone isn’t up to date
- There’s something wrong with your internet connection
- Airplane mode is activated
- Corrupt cache data is causing issues
- There are some issues with official YouTube servers
- The YouTube app isn’t allowed to use the mobile data
Now that you are aware of the common reasons that can give rise to YouTube no stream tap to retry error, let us check out in detail how you can resolve the problem at hand.
How can I fix YouTube no stream tap to retry error?
1. Check for the app update
- Open App Store on your phone.
- Select your profile picture.
- Swipe down to see pending updates.
- If a new YouTube is available then tap on Update.
Keeping all apps up to date lets you not only enjoy all the latest features but also fix all the bugs that were present in the previous version of the app.
So, in order to fix the YouTube no stream tap to retry error, you should check the App Store and install the latest update.
2. Check your internet connection
Almost all YouTube errors are triggered because of poor or faulty internet connections. If you are coming across a YouTube no stream tap to retry error, then you should check if your internet is working properly or not.
If there are any issues, then you can contact your ISP and get the issue resolved, and then check if this fixes the issue or not.
3. Check if Airplane mode is enabled
- Access the notification panel.
- Tap on Airplane mode to disable it.
- Connect to the internet and check if this fixes the issue or not.
Often because of your mistake, you will come across issues on your smartphone. So, it is better to check if by accident you enabled Airplane mode or not.
If yes, then simply disable the Airplane mode and check if this fixes the issue or not. Because if Airplane mode is enabled then YouTube won’t be able to connect to the internet, and hence won’t load any content.
4. Clear app cache
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on General.
- Select iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and tap on YouTube.
- Tap on Offload App.
Cache files are stored on your smartphone because they contain your personalized settings and other app-related files so that they function as per your needs when you access them later.
If the cache files get corrupt, then it can cause several issues, such as the YouTube no stream tap to retry error. So, simply follow the steps above, clear the app cache, and check if this resolves the issue or not.
5. Check YouTube server status
There is a good chance that the issue is not on your end but on YouTube. And the problem is mostly related to the server.
In such a case, you can visit websites such as Downdetector or IsItDownRightNow to check the YouTube server status. Moreover, you also check the official Twitter handle of YouTube or other platforms to know if the platform is going through maintenance.
6. Check if YouTube is allowed access to mobile data
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on Cellular.
- Scroll down and check if the toggle next to YouTube is green or not.
- If not, then turn on the toggle for YouTube.
For some users, the YouTube no stream tap to retry error was appearing because by accident they turned off the mobile data toggle for YouTube.
Following the above steps, you can enable the mobile data toggle for YouTube and check if this fixes the issue or not.
What else can I do to fix YouTube no stream tap to retry error?
If none of the above solutions resolved the issue for you, then you can also check out some additional tips mentioned below and possibly fix the problem at your end.
- Reset network settings
- Restart your device
- You can try restarting your iPhone. Restarting clears all temporary files and loads all system files from scratch.
- Update your firmware
- Connect to the internet with mobile data or Wi-Fi.
- Go to Settings.
- Select General.
- Tap Software Update.
- If there is a new software update available, download and install it.
There you have it from my side in this guide. Hopefully, the methods mentioned in this guide were good enough for you to fix the problem on your end.
Let us know in the comments section below, which one of the above solutions helped you fix the YouTube no stream tap to retry error.