- Games can be played on every platform in existence if they meet the required compatibility with the type of hardware you're using, but the most popular platforms are PC and game consoles.
- If you're a PC gamer but you want to play the new Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on PC, your options are limited to emulating the game. To do this, you will need to purchase the game and then use an emulator to run it.
- Do you want to know more about a specific emulator? We have covered most game emulators so head over there and have a look.
- For all things gaming, including reviews, fixes and guides, check out our gaming portal.
The game industry has constantly evolved from the first simple arcade games that had a simple architecture and pixelated graphics. With the latest advancements in computer technology, games have reached a level you wouldn’t believe possible a decade ago. But sadly, publishers are locking games to their own platforms, and this the reason emulators exist.
How do I run Zelda on a Windows PC?
Download and install CeMu emulator?
The CeMU emulator is a great software that allows you to play Nintendo Switch and Wii U games on your Windows computers. Depending on the complexity of the game you want to play, CeMu will require that your PC has at least 4GB of RAM, minimum OpenGL 4.1 compatibility, and a powerful processor and .
CeMu emulator only supports 64bit processors, and one of the best features it has is the fact that it can run games in 4K quality if your system can manage it.
This software is perfectly compatible with NVIDIA and AMD GPUs, but it doesn’t support Intel GPU. When it comes to controller inputs, CeMu has a wide range of emulated options available: DRC, pro and classic controller, Wiimotes with native support, keyboard and USB controllers.
Playing Breath of the Wild on your PC looks great thanks to the big resolution, but you can make it look even better by using the newly released Clarity FX pack from CeMu. If you want to find out more information about this pack and try it out, click here.
Some gamers prefer using a gaming console because they are specifically made to play games at the best graphics quality possible, and because it allows the use of a controller.
Other gamers prefer the versatility and ease of use of a computer. If your PC is powerful enough, you can also play games at the best quality graphics, and use any game controller. For some, it is easier to control the game characters by using the mouse and keyboard, but all this comes down to personal preference.
FAQ: Play Legend of Zelda on PC
- Can I play The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild on a computer?
Yes, you can! Just follow the steps listed in our guide on how to run Zelda on PC.
- Is Zelda: Breath of the Wild available for PC?
Breath of the Wild was not officially released for PC, but it can be played by using specialized software like the one shown in this guide which allows you to easily play your Nintendo Switch and Wii U games on your PC.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in January 2019 and has been since revamped and updated in March 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.