When you attempt to generate a full WlanReport with Command Prompt, you may get the 0x3A98 error in Windows 10. It could also be a result of a network issue or interference from a security program.
In this guide, you will learn how to resolve the error 0x3A98 error quickly and permanently.
How to clear the error 0x3A98
1. Run WlanReport as an Administrator
- Press the Windows key and then press R while still holding the Windows key to trigger the Run dialog box.
- Enter cmd in the Run dialog box and press CTRL + SHIFT + Enter. This launches Command Prompt with Administrator privileges.
- In the elevated Command Prompt, the next step is to generate the Wlan Report.
Do that by entering the command below:
netsh wlan show wlanreport
- After entering the command, hit Enter to run it.
If you only get the error 0x3A98 error when you run complete WlanReports, the error may be due to insufficient privileges. Running WlanReport in elevated mode will remove the 0x3a98 error in Windows.
2. Troubleshoot the network
- Open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and R.
- In the box, type ms-settings:troubleshoot and hit Enter to launch the troubleshooter.
- In the Troubleshooting utility, scroll down to the Find and Fix other problems section and click on Network Adapter.
- Next, from the extended menu, click on Run the troubleshooter.
- The troubleshooter shows you the network adapters present in your machine. Select the problematic one and hit Next.
If you get the error 0x3A98 on both wireless and wired networks, select All Network adapters and click Next.
- At this point, the wizard begins to scan your system for recommended fixes. When it finds one, click the Apply this fix link to implement it.
- When all is complete, reboot the computer as instructed and check if the error 0x3A98 still shows up.
3. Disable all third-party interference
Interference here refers to a security program with real-time protection that controls your network data. When this control is too much, it can lead to the 0x3a98 error in Windows 10.
To treat this case is straightforward. All you have to do is disable these applications or uninstall them entirely. From reported cases, the most common culprits are Comodo and McAfee.
You can disable antiviruses, antimalware, and similar security programs from the taskbar or their interfaces. To uninstall them totally, follow the steps below:
- Press the Windows key and then the R key on your keyboard for the Run dialog box.
- In the Run box, enter appwiz.cpl.
- You will be taken to a page with all installed programs listed. Find the specific application and right-click on it.
- Hit the Uninstall/Change after selecting the program.
- Follow through with the wizard, and when finished, restart your computer.
4. Refresh your modem
If you have attempted the previous three solutions and still found no joy with resolving the 0x3A98 error in Windows 10, the issue may be from your router or modem.
Users who experienced this error 0x3A98 successfully fixed it by refreshing their network connection. Simply switch the Off the modem completely, wait for a couple of seconds, and then switch it back On.
You may need a sharp, pointed object to access the reset button of some modems. Either way, when you refresh the modem or router, the error 0x3a98 situation will be gone.
In this guide, we went through the various fixes to remove the 0x3a98 error in Windows 10. A quick Google search for the error 0x3a98 brings up tons of software, but do not be misled because most of these applications come with malware.