- Having a reliable high quality video editor is a must, especially if you are a professional video editor or looking to become one
- Our list will help you get acknowledged with best 1080p editing software to suit your needs
- For maximum video viewing satisfaction, we recommend to use a 4k media player
- Check our video editing section for more top lists and useful guides
Video editing software for Windows ranges from versions targeted especially at beginners to more feature-packed versions for advanced video editing enthusiasts.
They vary as much as the reasons why users take up video editing. You can make home videos, you can become a YouTube star, and you can even create VR experiences.
Most video editing tools for mainstream users are best used for any of these reasons. Whatever software you decide to get, you should first make sure to check out its main features just to see if they’re following your specific needs and targets.
Best 1080p editing software for Windows 10
- Adobe Premiere Pro
- Corel VideoStudio Pro X10.5
- VideoPad Video Editor
- HD Video Converter Factory Pro
- Wondershare Filmora Video Editor
- Video Editor Master
- 5K Player
- Nero Video Editor
1. Adobe Premiere Pro (editor’s choice)
Adobe Premiere Pro comes in our top list as the best 1080p editing software as a no surprise, it being one the most popular and reliable options when it comes to advanced video editing. Although for a beginner, the non-linear video editing capability can be overwhelming at the first sight, it is the option to go if you want to edit in a proper way any form of videos, be it a movie, vlog, or personal videos.
The latest update came with 4k video editing capabilities, so 1080p video editing will work like a charm. Besides that, the latest update also came in with 360 VR view and Lumetri Color feature that lets you work with white balance, colors and gradients.
Premiere Pro’s Audio Mixer lets you edit mono and stereo audio lines, reduce noise, equalize, compress and much more.
One of other advantages Adobe Premiere Pro has is the AI-Powered suggestion tool that will automate a lot of your editing tasks. Although, there is still a lot to learn, it will help you get started and make things easier.
For more advanced users, Premiere Pro lets you customize the interface to your liking and choose only the needed features. Other cool feature it has is the project template that uses presets to fasten the workflow and collaborate with other members on the team.
Corel VideoStudio Pro X10.5 is a user-friendly video editor that’s great for casual users. The latest version is also one of the few editors that includes tools for editing 360-degree videos which is an important feature when it comes to panoramic video editing.
VideoStudio X10,5 Pro supports video editing of HD and even 4K formats, so you can try it right now without any problem.
Corel VideoStudio Ultimate X10 includes a premium special effects pack and a Mask Creator tool, but aside from that, there’s little difference between the versions.
Corel VideoStudio X10.5 is a good choice for novice users as it includes the template-based video creator FastFlick, which can automatically set up a video from your clips, and an Instant Project tab that you can quickly set up finished videos with.
The software provides you with more than 2,000 transitions, effects, and animated titles.
It includes a plethora of invaluable editing tools such as its multi-camera for syncing multiple footages, motion tracking to apply effects to specific moving subjects and chroma key for adjusting backgrounds.
VideoStudio Pro X10.5 users can also balance audio levels between clips and lower background sound with the editor’s audio tools.
This editor has plenty of output and sharing options. The software‘s MyDVD disc authoring tool enables you to export clips to DVDs with themed templates.
You can export videos for playback on Apple TV, iPad, Xbox, and other devices. VideoStudio Pro X10.5 also enables its users to set up AVCHD 2.0 videos for SD card output.
3. VideoPad Video Editor
VideoPad Video Editor is an entry-level video editing app. It’s primarily designed for creators who want to publish their videos on Facebook and YouTube. It’s effortless to use, and it will make your workflow of social publishing much easier.
Take a look at its social publishing features:
- You get the ability to easily fill out all metadata (description, tags, titles) for your YouTube video.
- You can upload videos straight from the app without using YouTube’s web publishing tools.
- The app comes with a significant library of tools and plug-ins for increased efficiency.
- It provides optional support software from advanced audio mixing to photo tools.
Videopad features all the basic home editing features, and it’s specially designed for beginners in the video editing niche.
4. HD Video Converter Factory Pro
The HD Video Converter Factory Pro is an all-in-one video converting software that builds more than 250 formats and optimal profiles for hot TVs and portable gadgets. It’s able to convert all popular videos flawlessly.
Check out its more interesting and useful features:
- It lets you easily edit HD and SD videos.
- It enables you to solve all conversion and playback issues.
- You can compress 4K UHD videos or reduce a video file without losing quality.
- It offers a built-in video editor to split, crop, merge and retouch video and boost volume.
- It can convert between standard and high-definition videos with high quality.
- You can also batch-convert video files to save time.
- You can batch-compress video files with smaller output size to free up space.
If you’re a video editing lover, you’ll love this handy video editing software compatible with all Windows versions.
– Download now Trial version from the official site
5. Wondershare Filmora Video Editor (suggested)
Filmora Video Editor is an easy-to-use Windows video editing software. It allows you to edit your videos effortlessly to make them look amazing. The software is ideal for both beginners and pros.
Its essential features include:
- Drag and drop function
- Importing clips
- Choosing a transition style
- Picking your favorite soundtrack
The final product will turn out perfect for your specific purpose. The software comes with an easy interface, and there’s no technical knowledge required.
The interface provides full access to the program’s various filters such as transitions, overlays, lighting and split-screen effects. You’ll be able to fine-tune the results with the help of host settings options.
The video will be saved, uploaded to YouTube or Facebook or burned to a DVD.
- Download now Filmora Wondershare Video Editor free version
Editor’s Note: This article continues on the next page if you’re looking for more video editors.