Read the affiliate disclosure page to find out how can you help Windows Report effortlessly and without spending any money. Read more
Top 3D mouse for AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and SketchUp to buy
The 3Dconnexion 3DX-700059 mouse is designed to offer an intuitive, effortless, and precise 3D navigation in CAD application. It is a premium mouse with a matching price tag.
3Dconnexion 3DX-700059 comes with a six-degree of freedom sensor that offers precise and intuitive navigation across digital models and views. Pressing the two buttons opens its own 3Dconnexion menu.
- Premium 3D mouse with precise input and intuitive controls
- 60DF to navigate between models and views precisely
- Two-button design with a built-in radial menu
- Can be buggy at times
If you like the feel of the traditional mouse, the 3Dconnexion 3DX-700052 offers similar 3D mouse functionalities with the traditional ergonomics.
3Dconnexion 3DX-700052 is a USB powered mouse with a movement resolution of 8200 dpi, which makes it super smooth and allows you to be as precise as possible. There is a dedicated button in the middle, which is pressable as well as scrollable.
- Excellent quality mouse with USB connection for CAD applications
- Comes with laser movement detection with movement resolution of 8200 dpi
- Compatible with Windows systems
- Compatible with Windows computers only
If you prefer the convenience of wireless connectivity, 3Dconnexion 3DX-700062 is a wireless mouse with a mobile-optimized ergonomic design and a dedicated middle mouse button.
3Dconnexion 3DX-700062 comes with a rechargeable battery combined with an energy-saving optical sensor. The included Bluetooth receiver requires to be connected to the USB port of the PC, and the mouse is ready to be used.
- Premium high precision wireless mouse with a dedicated middle button
- A USB port to connect the mouse using the USB cable
- Rechargeable battery
- Compatibility issues with Mac
Logitech MX Master 3
Logitech MX Master 3 offers remarkable speed, precision, and silence with its advanced scroll wheel along with wireless connectivity. It is a premium rechargeable mouse, and the charge can last up to 72 days. When in need, you can charge the mouse for one minute and use it for 3 hours.
Logitech MX Master 3 comes with app-specific customization to create a profile for each app accordingly. It is a well-built mouse with ergonomic design and ideally placed front/back + gesture buttons.
- Premium wireless mouse for CAD application with ergonomic design
- Comes with ultra-fast mag speed scrolling, precision, and quaternities
- Comfortable shape and intuitive controls
- Side buttons stiff
3Dconnexion 3DX-700040 is not the latest of the lot but still one of the best 3D mice you can buy to use with the CAD applications. It is made for power-CAD users to increase efficiency and be more productive.
3Dconnexion 3DX-700040 comes with its own software that allows you to customize the dozens of buttons on the mouse to fine-tune it to your needs.
- Excellent 3D mouse for AutoCAD users
- Proprietary software to customize the mouse
- Does not offer backlighting for the buttons except the dialer
Final thoughts on the 3D mouse for AutoCAD, SolidWorks, and SketchUp
Working with CAD applications can put a lot of strain on your hands. 3D mice are specifically designed for CAD users offering high precision, more control, and excellent ergonomics to increase efficiency and productivity.