How to access Microsoft Update Catalog on any browser
If you’re planning to install Internet Explorer for the sole purpose of downloading updates from Microsoft‘s Update Catalog, there’s an alternative. You can access the Update Catalog on any browser using the site’s RSS feed. In other words, the RSS feed URL has a stable structure, and the only element that changes is the cumulative update code.
All you have to do is add the code of the cumulative update at the end of the RSS feed URL, copy the string in your browser‘s address bar and you’ll access the download link.
How to access the Update Catalog for Windows 7 on any browser
- The standard RSS feed URL is http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Rss.aspx?q=KB
- Replace KB with the actual KB code you’re looking for
- This loads the RSS feed for that KB article
- In the list of options, search the download link you need
- Copy the download link in your browser‘s address bar > the interface of the Update Catalog is now visible
- Click on Download now and install the KB on your machine.
How to access the Update Catalog for Windows 10 on any browser
- Use the standard pattern http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Rss.aspx?q= and add windows+10 as a search term at the end of the string
- Example: http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/v7/site/Rss.aspx?q=windows+10
- All the Windows 10 cumulative updates are listed
- Copy the link of the update you want to download
- Paste it in your browser‘s address bar and you’ll access Microsoft‘s Update Catalog for Windows 10.
RELATED STORIES YOU NEED TO CHECK OUT:
- Fix: Windows 7 Update Center gets stuck checking for updates
- Fix: Windows 10 build doesn’t update or hangs
- Fix: Windows 10 Anniversary Update causes 100% disk usage
USB flash drives (pen drives, flash sticks) almost completely moved disks out of the picture. They are fast, you can write anything you want whenever […]
Using speech instead of typing has more than one advantage. Lots of users strongly prefer dictation and, even though it’s still unbrushed feature, it’s getting […]