- Windows updates automatically if you have set the Windows update accordingly but the process will take a long time.
- Compared to the online update, the offline update has many advantages such as shorter update times and more secure updates.
- Check out our Windows 10 Guides page if you want to discover more handy guides for a holistic Windows overview.
- Be sure to take a look at our Windows 10 Updates section for helpful solutions to many other updating problems.
If you have no Internet connection or a bad network and want to update your Windows system, there are a couple of easy methods that you can rely on.
What are the advantages of updating Windows offline?
- The offline update does not require a network. This means the installation is more secure and stable.
- No viruses or unknown files are loaded and installed on the computer and nothing breaks or freezes if the network connection suddenly breaks down.
- Likewise, some important system drivers are also renewed during offline update, so that errors occur less frequently.
2. Shorter update time
- The offline update does not take as long as the online update.
- Users also do not need to wait for the Internet download and system configuration analysis.
3. Update at any place
- Once you have downloaded the offline update, you can install it anywhere you want, even if you don’t have access to the Internet.
4. System Backup before Windows 10 offline update
- To avoid system errors and unexpected data loss when updating Windows 10 offline, it’s best to first make a full backup for the system and important data.
- Check out our 5 best local data backup software that can easily and quickly back up the system, important data , and even the partitions/hard drives.
How can I update Windows 10 offline?
- Download the Windows 10 .msu/.exe update files.
- Select the desired Windows 10 Update version.
- Double click on the downloaded installation patch to install the update.
- After your choice, the system will check if the update has been installed before or not. If it’s available on your PC, the installation will begin. All you need to do is follow the update instructions.
- After the installation, restart your computer.
- Then the Windows 10 offline update is done.
- If you want to install several .msu files, run them one after the other. But you cannot restart the PC until all .msu files are installed.
- All installation files can be found on the official Microsoft download page.
- This method for Windows 10 offline updates requires the user to install a freeware called Portable Update.
- This way, no network connection is needed for the update.
- The network is only required to download this software.
- An advantage of this method is that you can install the same update files on multiple PCs or on one PC multiple times.
- The program will use the standard Windows Update API Service to update.
- If you don’t like the updated Windows 10, you can roll back to your previous Windows system.
Sometimes the online update will take a long time, but compared to the online update, the offline update has many advantages. In this article, Windows users found out detailed instructions for an easy and safe Windows 10 offline update.
If you have any additional suggestions or questions, be sure to leave them in the comments section below.