If you wonder how to add your favorite GOG games to your Steam library, you found the answer in this article.
A wide range of users have attempted to do this, but they encountered problems.
Some are saying that the games are not displayed in the library, while others can not run any GOG game even though they are listed.
In today’s how-to article we will discuss this subject in its entirety, and we will also offer you a way to work around this issue. Read on to find out more.
How can I add my GOG games to the Steam library?
1. Make sure no other apps are interfering with this process
In some cases, users have identified that some other running GOG application was interfering with the adding process of Steam.
Removing it completely or closing those apps will allow you to perform the adding process without any issues.
To close the other app:
Press the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys on your keyboard (or right-click taskbar -> select Task Manager).
Click the Processes tab -> search for the interfering app -> select it -> press the End task button.
To uninstall it:
- Press Win+X keys -> select Apps and features.
- Search for the application inside the list -> select it.
- Click the Uninstall button -> follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
Note: After you’ve completed either of these steps, please follow the next suggestion.
2. Add the non-Steam game to Steam
- Open your Steam app.
- Click the Library tab -> select Add a non-Steam game.
- Search for the game executable file (usually found in the :C drive -> GOG Games folder on your hard-drive).
- Click the respective game executable file -> add it to the list while changing the name as you want to.
- Right-click the game shortcut in the Library -> click Properties.
- Right-click the game shortcut on your desktop -> select Properties -> copy the ‘target’ and ‘start in’ sections to your game shortcut Properties window.
In today’s how-to guide we discussed the issue caused by not being able to add your GOG games to your Steam Library.
These steps have proven helpful in the case of other users experiencing the same problem.
If you found this guide useful, and you managed to by-pass the issue, please feel free to let us know.
You can send us a message by simply using the comment section found below this guide.