- For more efficiency, users worldwide look for quick ways to add Windows Store games to Steam.
- If that’s your wish as well, make sure to add games from the Steam app by using the steps below.
- This isn’t the only way to add Microsoft games to Steam. You can also choose to use a reliable third-party software tool.
- As you can imagine, the choice depends on your needs and your device’s capacity. Rest assured that the result is guaranteed.
Many users would prefer to add some great games to Steam since the latter has become a quite popular platform from where you can install the best titles.
In this article, we will show the easiest solutions in which you can add your favorite Microsoft Store games to Steam. Just take a closer look below.
Can I add my own games to Steam?
1. Add games from the Steam app
- Open the Steam app and select Add a Game.
- Click Add a Non-Steam Game and choose Browse.
- Then, scroll down, open explorer.exe, and click Add Selected Programs.
- Hold Windows + R keyboard shortcut, type shell:AppsFolder, then press Enter.
- Select the game you want to add, right-click on it, and choose Create Shortcut.
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut, go to Properties, type in Target Type or Target, delete the shortcut.
- Go to Steam, access Library, select Games, right-click on the game explorer, choose Properties, choose the name of the game you want to add.
- Choose Select Launch Options, write:
shell:AppsFolder\<Target Type or Target Here>
- Click OK, then Close.
Rest assured that you can easily add games from the Steam app. In order to do so, select Add a Game, click Add a Non-Steam Game, and complete the procedure detailed above.
2. Use a third-party software tool
- Download UWPHook and store it on your device.
- Open UWP and click Load Installed UWP Apps.
- From the list choose the games you want to add to Steam.
- Click the Export Selected Apps to Steam button.
- Restart Steam.
As you can see, you can either opt for adding Microsoft Store games to Steam manually or you can download an efficient software tool that can do the job for you.
As always, the choice depends on your needs and your device’s capacity. Don’t hesitate to tell us what solution suited you best by accessing our comments section below.