Any gamer in the modern world will use Steam at some point. Actually, Steam is among the best places where you can buy newly released games or just try them out for yourself, while they’re in prototype stage.
To make the most out of your Steam games, it’s best to use a gamepad which works perfectly with this platform. How can you know which gamepads will fit well with Steam games? Today’s article will introduce you to the 5 best Steam gamepads on the market.
Note: Deals are subject to change. Keep in mind that the price tag often varies. We recommend going on the vendor’s website to check the price. Some of the products may be out of stock by the time you’ve made your purchasing decision. So, hurry up and hit the buy button.
USB Wireless Gaming Controller for Steam
This item is best suited for casual gamers, who need a good quality gamepad to hook up with their Steam account. If you’re new at gaming, or you just want a quality but still budget product, this item from Amazon is for you.
This device is compatible with more than one platform, so using it with Android or Xbox games won’t be a problem. Here are some of the pros and cons of this gamepad:
- Great ergonomics, which allow for an extensive use
- Flexible game board, that allows you to play all sorts of games
- Designed to accommodate new users
- Improved battery life
- Sometimes it connects harder to your Steam platform
TNP Bluetooth Wireless Gaming Controller
For more experienced users, I recommend this device, which is a more professional gamepad. As you can tell from its name, you can use it without connecting it with cables to your PC. Usually, a wireless controller isn’t as good as a wired one.
However, in this case, the TNP controller is great at delivering a long ranged connection, that will work strongly from even 7 meters away. Let’s see some of the pros and cons of this item:
- Long range of working capabilities
- Long lasting battery – up to 20 hours of game-play
- Designed for gamers with high precision and ergonomic control
- If you expect to use it with PS3, you’ll probably have a hard time setting it up for that platform. It was created specifically for Steam and Windows PC games.
ZD-T pro Wireless Gaming Controller
The ZD-T pro, is a wireless gaming controller, suitable for multiple devices and platforms, among which Steam is the most notable. It’s a plug-and-play device, meaning that you can change from Steam to another platform, and the device will recognize it automatically.
The company behind this product offers a great service once you purchased the item: if any problem comes up while using it, just send them an email, and they will solve the issue right away, if it’s doable remotely.
- Auto-recognition of different platforms
- Full Vibration Feedback
- Long lasting working time (up to 12 hours)
- The USB does not support Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS4
SN30 Pro+ Wireless Controller
This device was made to last years of extensive use. Actually, if you need a professional gaming controller for Steam, this is among the top candidates on the market. It was built for those people who take gaming seriously.
To learn what makes such a great choice, check out the pros and cons right below:
- Mapping Function – you can set all sorts of key combinations that will make the game-play simpler. This is a great feature, because using it you don’t have to learn new controls from ground zero.
- It comes with a 1000mAh battery, that ensures a long play time without lags.
- Besides Steam, it connects easily to other platforms as well, like Android and Nintendo Switch for instance.
- The only negative could be the price for some people. But if you need a quality professional device, the price shouldn’t be an issue.
Bluetooth Controller for Steam
Here’s the last item on the list. This Bluetooth controller is built for professional gamers, who need the best product there is. It includes every function a modern gamepad is expected to have, and all of them work seamlessly.
- Wide area of compatibility. It not only works with Steam, but many other platforms and devices as well. Even Android gaming can be achieved using this controller.
- Modern design to ensure perfect grip and ergonomic feel while playing.
- AI key designed as a learning button.
- Highly accurate and adjustable sensitivity.
- The battery does not last as long as some of the other items on this list.
Conclusion on gamepads for Steam
In the end, choosing a good controller for your Steam games can make a huge difference. This article helped you learn about some of the best products on the market.
All you need to do, is pick a winner and go for it!