- AdwCleaner is a software removal tool that received an update that allows it to remove bloatware as well.
- This guide will be showing you exactly how to remove bloatware using AdwCleaner.
- If you want more articles about how to remove those programs, check out our dedicated Bloatware Hub.
- For more great info, you should head over to our Optimization and Cleaning page.
AdwClearner is a popular tool that removes toolbars, adware, and Potentially Unwanted Programs (PUP) from your PC. It helps you to improve the overall performance of your system.
Starting with version 7.4.0, AdwCleaner received the ability to detect and remove pre-installed software from your system.
Such programs are generally installed with free software.
Many people don’t have any idea that they should go for a custom install in order to avoid the automatic installation of unwanted programs. AdwCleaner comes to the rescue in such situations.
How do I delete pre-installed programs from my PC?
- Press the Scan Now button
- Depending on your system’s configuration, this process will vary in duration
- You will now see a list of software that you may want to remove
- Select the bloatware like any other piece of software.
You can download the software from the official Malwarebytes site. Have you tried AdwCleaner on your system? What do you think about the latest features? Comment below and let us know.
Since the bloatware removal feature is pretty new, it is bound to be imperfect, and thus the possibility of leaving leftover files is pretty high.
If you notice that that is the case with your PC as well, then maybe a professional file removal tool may come in handy.
For example, Iobit Uninstaller is one such tool, and it can easily be used in conjunction with AdwCleaner in order to remove bloatware from your PC without a trace.
Before the release of patch 7.40, AdwCleaner was focused only on adware and potentially unwanted programs, and that seems to be the case now as well.
However, this doesn’t mean that AdwCleaner is any good at removing security threats already in your system.
That being the case, the best security measure that you can take is installing the dedicated Malwarebytes antivirus program.
FAQ: Learn more about AdwCleaner
- Is AdwCleaner legitimate?
Yes, AdwCleaner is a fully-operational software removal tool that anyone can install and use. In fact, it is one of the best software removal tools on the market.
- What is the difference between Malwarebytes and AdwCleaner?
Both products target PUPs, Adware, unwanted toolbars, browser hijackers, but the technology used for detection and removal is different.
- Is AdwCleaner included in Malwarebytes?
No, AdwCleaner is a standalone product that does not require the installation of Malwarebytes Antivirus to work.