Full Fix: Do you want to allow this webpage to access your clipboard?
While using Internet Explorer, or any other software associated with this browser, you might receive the ‘Do you want to allow this webpage to access your clipboard’ alert. This message will be displayed by default each time a website or a web page will try to access the information stored on Clipboard’s memory. In other words, this is a security alert telling you that the Clipboard data might be accessed and further modified.
So, when getting this alert you need to grant or deny the access and you need to repeat this process each time the Clipboard’s memory is accessed. Therefore, dealing with this alert can turn out to be quite annoying. In this article, you will learn how to disable this message. Here is what you need to do.
How to disable ‘Do you want to allow this webpage to access your clipboard’ alert
- Open Internet Explorer on your Windows 10 device – click on the Cortana icon and in the search box type internet explorer.
- From Internet Explorer click on the Settings icon located in the upper-right corner.
- Then, click the Internet Options filed.
- Next, switch to the Security tab.
- From there click on Internet and select Custom level.
- Scroll down and under Scripting look for the ‘allow programmatic clipboard access’ entry.
- Click on Enable and then save your changes.
That should be all. You should no longer receive this security alert when using Internet Explorer or apps related with this web browser client. Of course, you can re-enable this feature again by following the same steps from above – just change the ‘allow programmatic clipboard access’ value into Disable.
In order to get rid of this issue that is highly possible because of some system errors, you could use the Comfort Clipboard Manager. This tool will allow you to do multiple operations with your clipped content in order to optimize your work with copied data. here are some of the most important features of this amazing clipboard manager:
- Available information about the copied/cut content
- Editing text fragments
- Selection oh hotkeys for the selected content
- Color code
- Drag and drop directly from the clipboard
You can purchase this tool from the official website, but it also has a free version that you can try.
If you have any questions related with the troubleshooting process that was just explained, use the comments field below or fill in our contact form – we will then try to further assist you as soon as possible with the best Windows 10 tips, tricks and step by step guides.
Editor’s Note: this article was originally published in October, 2017. Since then, we have updated it to include more available solutions and make sure it solves your problem.
RELATED STORIES TO CHECK OUT:
- How to fix ‘This website is not available’ error in Windows 10
- Fix: “There is a problem with this website’s security certificate” on Windows 10
- Install Windows 10 KB4040724 to boost Edge and fix connectivity bugs
We all love to unwind from time to time, whether between breaks or just honing our card skills. Let’s face it, we all tried Solitaire […]
Peer-to-peer file sharing is an excellent way to download any file easy and fast. And the most used peer-to-peer application in the world is uTorrent. […]
First of all, let me say that this post doesn’t refer to the Windows Experience Index, but rather to the indexing feature in Windows 10 and […]