The Amazon Fire Stick is a handy little device that lets you essentially turn any old TV (as long as it as an HDMI port) into a Smart TV.
While not as powerful as its bigger brothers, the Fire TV, the portability and reduced cost makes it better in some situations.
If you are an Amazon Prime member, your Fire TV Stick comes pre-registered to your account.
However, we are talking about electronic equipment, and we all know that it is not impervious to the occasional glitch.
Such would be the case with the Amazon Fire Stick, as it was reported that sometimes it just loses signal for no apparent reason.
How do I get rid of the No Signal message on my TV?
1. Check the HMDI cables and Ports
- Make sure the HDMI cable is firmly connected to the Port, and that it isn’t cut or scraped
- If the HDMI cable is connected correctly, try using a different Port
- Try using the original HDMI cable the Amazon Fire Stick came with
- If all Ports are fully functional, try using the HDMI that has Pin 13 removed
- Try using a power converter box
2. Consider doing an Amazon Power Stick “Reboot”
- Turn off the TV and remove the HDMI stick from the HDMI Port
- Disconnect the Amazon Fire Stick from its power source, and wait for around 10 minutes
- Turn on your TV
- Reconnect the Amazon Fire Stick
- Press a random button on the Amazon Fire Stick remote and keep it pressed for a few seconds before moving on
3. Check to see if the screen resolution is adequate
Incorrect or un-adaptive resolution may also affect the streaming with the Amazon Fire Stick.
As such, try to modify the screen resolution as per your Amazon Fire Stick’s compatibility.
- Press Up and Rewind on your Amazon Fire Stick remote
- Choose Use current resolution
4. Check your Internet connection
- Check whether your Internet connection is working or not. If not, contact your ISP
- Move your Amazon Fire Stick closer to the Router
- Have the Amazon Fire Stick hardwired directly to the router or modem
- For this, you will need an Amazon Ethernet Adapter for Amazon Fire TV devices
- Perform a power cycle on the modem or router
- Switch the channels if you have a dual-band router
- Reset the Amazon Fire Stick to its factory settings, and connect to your network again
Did you get a No Signal message from your Amazon Fire Stick as well?
Share your experience in the comments section below and we’ll be sure to take a look.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT: