The Amazon Fire Stick is an amazing device when you come to realize what it can do.
Down to its very essence, it is a stick you plug into your TV, and it will turn it from a traditional TV into a Smart TV.
This means that you can now access various streaming services, such as Netflix, Hulu or HBO GO. More so, you can also install apps on your TV now.
However, it does have slightly less power than the TV Box, probably because of the reduced size. Of course, all of these facilities can only be achieved if you have an Amazon account.
If you’ve accessed this guide, then you are probably wondering how to set up an Amazon Fire Stick from scratch.
As such, this step-by-step guide will show you how to completely install your Amazon Fire Stick from A to Z.
How do I register my Amazon Fire Stick?
Before registering per se, you need to set up the device. As such, you must check that you have all the necessary tools:
- A compatible TV that has HD or UHD plus an HDMI port
- Fortunately, most TV screens today will have this
- A wireless internet connection
- An Amazon account.
- You don’t have to be an Amazon Prime customer to use the Amazon Fire TV Stick
- However, you do have to have a regular Amazon account
- If you don’t have one, you can simply create one in later steps, when setting up the devices
- 2 AAA batteries for your TV Stick remote
If you have everything needed, you can proceed to set up your Amazon Fire Stick.
- Connect the Amazon Fire Stick to a power source
- Plug the Fire TV Stick directly into the HDMI port on the back of your TV
- Turn on the TV and select the channel corresponding to the port you inserted the Fire Stick in
- Put the batteries in your remote
- Hold the HOME button pressed for 10 seconds for it to pair with the Fire Stick
- Follow the on-screen instructions to connect your Fire Stick to your Wi-Fi network
Now, in order to register your Fire Stick to your Amazon account, you need to do the following:
- Select Settings
- Go to My Account
- Select Register
- Enter your Amazon account information when prompted
If you ordered the Fire Stick straight from Amazon, it will come pre-registered, and the associated name appears on this screen.
Now that you’ve registered your Fire Stick, you are all set to enjoy a whole new dimension of multimedia streaming.
Got any questions regarding the Amazon Fire Stick? Let us know in the comments section below.
RELATED ARTICLES YOU SHOULD CHECK OUT: