- The Amazon remote app allows you to control your Amazon Firestick TV without a remote.
- Follow the step by step guide below to learn how to download and use the Amazon remote app.
- Do check out our dedicated How-To hub for more step by step guides.
- Explore our Streaming section to find more troubleshooting guides.
Amazon’s popular streaming device Firestick TV comes with its own Alexa enabled remote helping with voice commands and navigation.
However, what if you have to use Amazon Firestick without remote?
It happens that we misplace the TV remote more often than not. Thankfully, Amazon allows you to use your iOS and Android smartphone as a replacement for most of the functions.
In this article, we walk you through a step by step guide to help you use Amazon Firestick without remote using your smartphone.
How to control Amazon Firestick without remote?
- Download the Amazon Fire TV app for Android or iOS.
- Open the app once the installation is complete.
- Make sure your Firestick TV and the phone with the app are connected to the same network.
- Select your Amazon Fire TV.
- Enter the code displayed on your TV on your Phone.
Using the app is fairly simple. To navigate across the device, use the touchpad on the app and swipe left/right/up/down. To select an item, simply tap once after highlighting the item.
The app also offers voice search, playback controls, a keyboard for text input, and quick access to your apps and games. You can play casual games just like you used to do with the Amazon Firestick TV remote.
However, according to Amazon, not all the games are supported or playable using the remote app. To play games, you are better off purchasing the official game controller from Amazon.
That’s it about how to use Amazon Firestick TV without a remote. This will save you an additional $30 in buying a new remote in case you have lost it.
While all the features of the remote may not be available, the remote app works perfectly fine for the most and frequently used features of Firestick TV.