- The best AWS antivirus is one that protects your cloud account and doesn't interfere with your daily routine.
- We recommend BullGuard thanks to the level of customization available and unmatched Amazon Web Services protection.
- For more tips regarding this popular cloud computing platform, visit this Amazon section too.
- Check out our Antivirus Hub for similar articles related to stopping PC threats and not only.
At the moment, Amazon Web Services is one of the most popular cloud computing platforms in the world.
In exchange for a yearly subscription fee, Amazon allows subscribers to have a wide range of virtual clusters of computers through the Internet.
Recently there have been reports of hacking into users’ cloud accounts. Meanwhile, this has placed more emphasis on the need to have an antivirus software tool that protects users’ data.
Since most of these cloud services go through normal browsers it is essential for your antivirus to support cloud security as hackers can exploit the weakness in users’ networks and access your cloud information.
Today, Windows Report will discuss top antivirus choices that offer adequate security for your Amazon Web Services.
There are plenty of security suites out there; however, none of them is as reliable as BullGuard when it comes to preventing attackers from hijacking your cloud account.
Besides the goodies that you’re used to seeing on similar software tools, BullGuard has a special vulnerability scan against exploit attacks targeting both your system and cloud account.
After scanning, it displays a list of security issues found. Therefore, rest assured that no one can steal security credentials and eavesdrop on your activities when using this AWS antivirus.
Best of all, BullGuard won’t empty your bank account and top tier subscriptions are packed with extras such as Secure Browser and Identity Protection.
These are some key features BullGuard you’re about to enjoy:
- Reliable protection against all malware
- Powerful cloud account protection tools
- Additional subscription options for 10+ devices
- Firewall tools to protect against suspicious websites
- Free trial for those who are undecided
BullGuard is a leader when it comes to protecting your could account. Don’t hesitate to claim the best deal now!
Bitdefender is a major giant in the antivirus industry with its array of products offered to consumers and rates high in customer satisfaction.
This program identifies and blocks malicious traffic from infected websites. The software also performs web filtering whereby it checks out potentially harmful websites before you access them.
The anti-phishing feature also prevents users from falling prey to phishing websites and secures users’ data.
Bitdefender has extensions for Firefox and Microsoft Edge which enables it to block phishing and infected websites.
The firewall tool works well with the default Windows firewall and gives an extra layer of protection against hackers looking to exploit gaps in your Internet and Wi-Fi connections.
- A high rate of detection of malware
- Parental control feature
- Extra layers of protection
- Competitive prices
Bitdefender Total Security
A strong password is essential for every account. However, it isn’t enough! Use Bitdefender with no hesitation!
McAfee gives you a multi-licensing option which makes it an attractive choice for those who want multiple platform security.
McAfee has good results against phishing websites by keeping your browser away from traffic from dangerous websites.
Even more, the My Network feature displays the entire devices on your network and lists the IP address of each of them.
It also allows you to configure your network security properly and lists the devices on your network that could benefit from McAfee’s security.
Furthermore, McAfee antivirus is a good antivirus that gives you the flexibility of protecting multiple devices at an affordable price.
- Cross-platform compatibility
- Multiple licenses for a single price
- Decent malware detection rates
- A feature-rich tool with good firewall features
- Good detection rates
Trend Micro is a Japanese based antivirus company that is respected in the antivirus field. Its premium Trend Micro Antivirus has many useful features and comes with good ratings.
This software gives effective malware protection while having good features like firewall booster and anti-ransomware tool.
In addition, Trend Micro is quite good in preventing the browser from encountering malicious websites and has extensions for the three main browsers, Firefox, Chrome, and Microsoft Edge.
It checks all links and filters it to give protection. It also checks links that you point to and gives ratings to them before you click on them.
Furthermore, the antivirus has a firewall booster which boosts the default Windows firewall.
- Excellent anti-phishing features
- Good firewall booster
- Extensions for main browsers
- It detects and prevents botnet style attacks
- It scans your WI-FI networks to check if your network is still secured
Do share with us your experience in using any of the antivirus software solutions we mentioned above. Feel free to comment below.
Also, keep in mind that they are recommended to all those looking for:
- AWS malware protection – If you like to use AWS services, then you’re clearly looking for the best malware protection. BullGuard is a safe choice in that regard.
- AWS antivirus Linux – The AWS infrastructure is also built to meet the requirements of Linus users. However, antivirus protection is mandatory for them as well.
- Antivirus AWS cloud – Real-time antivirus protection is a must for AWS cloud infrastructures. In case of being confused about all those choices out there, use our curated list from the start.
FAQ: Learn more about cloud account security
- Can I trust the cloud?
Even if you enjoy the flexibility of the latest cloud storage solutions and reduced costs, your data clearly is exposed to attacks.
- What are the security issues in cloud computing?
Cloud security issues include data breaches, DDoS attacks, and account hijacking. That’s why we recommend using one of the best antivirus tools to protect your cloud account.
- What’s the best AWS antivirus?
This time, we narrowed down the choices to BullGuard Antivirus. It not only comes with incredible scanning features but also protects your cloud account with ease.
Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in February 2018 and has been since revamped and updated in June 2020 for freshness, accuracy, and comprehensiveness.